New Job Senior Analyst, Business Semantics Management In Ontario
|Senior Analyst, Business Semantics Management|
Senior Analyst, Business Semantics Management
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Requisition ID: 175355
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Customer Insights, Data & Analytics (CIDA) team at Scotiabank is at the forefront of the journey to transform the Bank into a data centric organization through impactful customer insights, innovative analytics, and well governed data. One of the main areas of transformation is optimizing efficiency in understanding, searching and accessing data & analytics, which in turn improves the accuracy and speed of decisions. The aim is to vastly improve data literacy by describing data & analytics in business terms; and connect them to physical metadata, data & analytics assets to improve data search and consumption experiences.
As part of the Business Semantics Management team within the Data & Analytics Office, the candidate will work with key analytics and business stakeholders to create Scotiabank Business Information Model (SBIM), which captures business vocabularies linked with data & analytics assets that exist across the organization. The Senior Analyst, Business Semantics Management role requires strong knowledge in information management and teamwork skills. Any hands-on experience in working with data & analytics, as well as business knowledge in banking would be considered a strong asset.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Play a key role in establishing the long-term data & analytics vision and contribute to the development of the Bank’s optimal data & analytics search experience
- Opportunity to make an impact in the digital transformation of Scotiabank
- Exposure across business lines, function groups and technology areas where data & analytics plays a critical role
- A compensation program with competitive salary, opportunities for annual performance incentives based on performance thresholds, a competitive benefits program and continuing education programs
University degree in business or relevant STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics)
- Deep experience managing data and/or analytics projects would be a strong asset
- Graduate degree in Information Management / Knowledge Modeling area would be an asset
- Subject area experience with Financial Industry products and services preferred: Retail Banking/Lending, Commercial Banking/Lending, Capital Markets, and Wealth Management
- Experience in Google Cloud ecosystem would be an asset
- Experience with collaboration tools such as Confluence
Assists in the collection of Business Terms, Data Elements for the assigned business domains
- Assists in the organization of collected business metadata content at the enterprise and line of business levels
- Participates in the development and roll-out of the business semantics management strategy & Scotiabank Business Information Model (SBIM)
- Supports the resolution of day-to-day SBIM related questions and user concerns
- Supports the execution of Scotiabank Business Information Model (SBIM) marketing and execution plans
- Supports the SBIM related user training and Q&A sessions
- Supports other Data & Analytics initiatives that require migration or enhancement of business metadata assets
- Supports the creation, review & maintenance of Scotiabank Data Policy, Data Standards and Playbook
- Supports the Data & Analytics Office audit, regulatory risk, and OSFI engagements, as required
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.