New Job Seasonal Grounds Wes 23060 In Nova Scotia
|Seasonal Grounds WES 23060|
Seasonal Grounds WES 23060
Company : Nova Scotia Provincial Housing Agency
Salary : $17 an hour
Location : Nova Scotia
Location: Middleton – New Minas- Bridgewater
Type of Employment: Full-time, Casual
Union Status: Excluded (Non-Union) – 9 positions
Competition # WES 23060
Closing Date: April 27, 2023
Nova Scotia Provincial Housing Agency (NSPHA) is the provincial government agency responsible for the administration and delivery of affordable housing solutions for low-income Nova Scotians.
We contribute to the prosperity of Nova Scotia by helping individuals and families find a home that’s right for them, at a price they can afford, in a healthy and vibrant community that offers the services, support and opportunities they need. We accomplish this by working closely with other levels of government as well as private and community partners.
Across its districts, NSPHA provides more than 11,200 safe, affordable homes as part of its Housing Services to seniors and families. District offices manage the day-to-day operations of Nova Scotia’s housing stock. Their responsibilities include administering tenant applications and placements, collecting rent, resolving tenant issues, and maintaining and repairing properties.
About Our Opportunity
Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, Grounds (Casual) is responsible for providing grounds care, maintenance and housekeeping services for all exterior areas of assigned properties that are not the responsibility of individual tenants. Completion of work assignments given must be kept within the standards and safe practices adopted by Nova Scotia Provincial Housing Agency.
- Paint parking lots, grounds sheds, railings, foundations, basements, and fences.
- Prepare soil, plants flowerbeds, trees, bushes etc., prunes trees and shrubs, grass cutting, hedge trimming, and other general landscaping duties as required.
- Complete work orders and material requisitions as required.
- Report unsafe conditions or practices and take corrective measures if possible.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 or equivalent, plus two years’ related experience.
- Ability to operate equipment and tools related to ground maintenance appropriately and safely.
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion, sound judgment and initiative when investigating, questioning and dealing with inquiries, requests and submissions that are sensitive and confidential in nature.
- Valid Nova Scotia driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle for work purposes.
- Emergency First Aid and WHMIS certifications.
Competencies required at this level of work are Communication, Interpersonal skills, Teamwork and Adaptability.
If you are a team player, who is passionate about improving the lives of Nova Scotians, you are the candidate we are looking for to join our team. We will assess qualifications using one of more of the following tools: written examination, standardized tests, oral presentations, interview(s), and reference checks. Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer.
Checks may include one or more of the following: criminal background checks, driver’s abstract, and confirmation of education credentials.
An equivalent combination of training, education and experience will be considered. Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application.
Based on the employment status, eligibility and union agreement, the NSPHA offers its employees a wide range of benefits such as Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Pension, General Illness (Short and Long Term), Vacation and Employee and Family Assistance Programs and flexible working schedules.
Salary Range: $17.00 Hourly
Work Week: 35 hours
Note: This is not a Civil Service position.
We are committed to employing staff who are representative of the diverse community we serve. If you are a member of one or more of the following designated groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your cover letter or resume: Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your application.
Please merge your cover letter and resume into one document when applying. In the cover letter or resume, please quote the competition number and name.
Our preferred method of applying is through Career Beacon.
Submissions must be received by midnight on the closing date. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Seasonal
Salary: $17.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New Minas, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location