New Job Safety Technician I In Manitoba
|Safety Technician I|
Safety Technician I
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
As the Safety Technician I, you will provide technical assistance to line management/supervision in the areas of safety training, safety inspections, and accident investigations.
As the Safety Technician I you will:
- Assist with/conduct work site inspections.
- Ensure compliance with safety and health regulations, Department safety policies/directives, and safe work practices.
- Assist in presenting education and training on all aspects of safety, safe work procedures and safety requirements.
- Assist with/conduct environmental monitoring of designated Department facilities.
- Ensure compliance with Worker’s Compensation Legislation, Human Rights Legislation, safety regulations and safe work practices.
- Perform other related duties consistent with the classification, as assigned.
Your education and qualifications include:
- Successful completion of High School Grade 12 / G.E.D.
- Completion of a minimum of one third of the credit courses and continued enrolment in the Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health program.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safety and health principles and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and present safety and health training programs.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate and supervise the work of staff, as required by the position.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a variety of safety and health testing equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer using a variety of software programs applicable to the duties of the position (e.g., PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel, PeopleSoft).
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization, external contacts and the public, in accordance with the Respectful Workplace Standard.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge and understanding of the occupational hazards, safety precautions, regulations and procedures that is applicable to the area of work.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- Must have and maintain a valid Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s Licence.
- A Police Information Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate, at their expense.
- The successful applicant will be required to provide a vehicle for transportation while on City business, subject to the terms and conditions of the City Transportation Policy.
- Must be physically capable of performing all of the duties of the position including the ability to work outside for extended periods often under unfavourable weather conditions as required by work assignments.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends, as required.
- Must have SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus) Certification or have the ability to acquire within 3 months of the appointment.
CORE COMPETENCIES for ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented