New Job Reproduction Copier Operator In Ontario
|REPRODUCTION COPIER OPERATOR
REPRODUCTION COPIER OPERATOR
Company : City of Toronto
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Job ID: 37069
Job Category: Communications & Marketing
Division & Section: City Clerk's, City Clerk's Member Svcs & Prog Support
Work Location: Metro Hall, 55 John St Toronto
Job Type & Duration: 1 Temporary (12 month) vacancy
Hourly Rate and Wage Grade: $27.83 - 30.51, Wage Grade 5
Shift Information: Monday to Friday 35 hours per week
Affiliation: L79 Full-time
Candidate List: Candidate List will be established. For applicability and duration, see below.
Number of Positions Open: 1
Posting Period: 24-APR-2023 to 08-MAY-2023
To set up, operate and maintain high speed, digital, network photocopiers, bindery, finishing and pre production equipment for the production of council minutes, by-laws, committee reports, agendas and Corporate requests.
- Sets up, operates and maintains the high-speed/high-volume networked digital photocopiers, including engineering copiers.
- Sets up, operates and maintains binding equipment to complete printed materials.
- Sets up and operates bindery machines and other equipment to number, drill, cut, round corners, punch, staple, cerlox and heat bind printed materials.
- Sets up and operates the programmable hydraulic guillotine.
- Sets up and operates high speed folder to perforate, score, slit and fold.
- Counts and bands printed material.
- Operates a collator to collate, stitch and fold printed material.
- Makes pads by back-boarding specified number of sheets, cutting and painting with glue.
- Formats files and hard copy documents, checks proof copy for accuracy and assembles into book form for clients as necessary.
- Maintains, lubricates and makes repairs and adjustments to machinery.
- Removes and installs guillotine blades.
- Parcels completed jobs by banding, boxing and operating a tieing machine.
- Completes requisitions as necessary and updates job details in the workflow management information system.
- Completes packing slips and processes for delivery. Uses hydraulic lift truck to relocate paper/materials. Manually lifts boxes of material for shipping and receiving
- Uses hydraulic lift truck to relocate paper/materials
- Lifts manually boxes of material for receiving and shipping.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to
1. Experience working in a printing environment operating and maintaining high-speed/high-volume
networked digital photocopiers.
2. Experience operating and maintaining the binding equipment and bindery machines required
to complete printed materials.
3. Experience using computers and various software, including Microsoft Office Applications
(Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat (PDF) formats.
4. Experience using workflow management systems (e.g. Avanti).
You must also have:
- Ability to perform minor maintenance to equipment.
- Knowledge in the production of various printed materials.
- Knowledge of paper grain, weights and types.
- Knowledge of production equipment such as shrink-wrap machines, laminators, binding machines, stitchers, etc. necessary in printing/distribution operations.
- Well-developed customer service and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others as part of a team as well as independently under minimum supervision.
- Good analytical skills, problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines under time constraints, in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift materials and boxes weighing approximately 50lbs.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the regulations that apply to this work.
NOTE TO INTERNAL FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME CITY OF TORONTO EMPLOYEES:
City of Toronto employees must apply to full-time or part-time employment opportunities posted on the City's Internal Job Posting Portal.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.