New Job Registration Officer - Global Compliance (Contract) In Ontario
|Registration Officer - Global Compliance (Contract)|
Registration Officer - Global Compliance (Contract)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Requisition ID: 173140
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of the Registration Department in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- The Registration Officer is responsible for the Securities and Insurance registration process, performing all day-to-day registration functions. Providing guidance and counsel to employees and branches on regulatory and licensing matters in accordance with department policy and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Manage the securities renewals process which includes registrants, branch and firm with the applicable provinces, territories and states. Maintain communication and determine matters which require further escalation to the management for advice and direction.
- Responsible for updating all applicable Registration databases, including the National Registration Database, Active Community and Centralize.
- Build and maintain relationships with all regulatory bodies including provincial and US securities regulators. Keep abreast of regulatory changes and/or SRO requirements
- Execute various administrative functions to maintain the operation of the department. Provide reporting and feedback to the Manager, Registration on licensed personnel and any correspondence with Regulators, compliance departments, branches or individuals. Identify any areas of deficiencies in the registration process to management.
- Participate in SRD projects and other duties as assigned
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
- University degree (Business) or College certificate
- 3-5 years work experience in the financial services industry.
- Relevant working knowledge of Canadian and US Regulatory policies and rules
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and multi-tasking skills required
- Strong knowledge of National Instrument 33-103 and 33-109 and related companion
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.