New Job Regional Estate & Trust Administrator In Quebec
|Regional Estate & Trust Administrator|
Regional Estate & Trust Administrator
Company : Scotiabank
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Requisition ID: 175589
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Regional Estate and Trust Administrator provides administrative support to the Estate and Trust Advisor (ETA) and Regional Trust Officer (RTO) in the regional MD Private Trust Office. They will assist in the administration of Estate and Trust services, while maintaining high standards of client service, quality control and operational efficiency. The mandate of this position also includes providing backup support to other administrative staff and general office duties.
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Schedule/confirm client appointments, including confirming road trips and scheduling with regional offices and book meeting rooms when required.
- Prepare meeting packages and related documentation for estate planning clients and perform follow-up for new clients after the meeting
- Assist the Estate and Trust Advisor in preparing Will instructions, send Will review packages to law firms, perform follow up with lawyers and clients, send final copy of Wills to Central Administration and prepare all related paperwork and documentation
- Prepare a variety of correspondence to clients, lawyers, third parties.
- Assist the Estate and Trust Advisor and Regional Trust Officer in the estate settlement process including accompanying them to inventory the safety deposit box, view the deceased’s home, and meet with beneficiaries and co-executors which may necessitate occasional travel.
- Assist and co-ordinate with Head Office staff in the collection process of assets, investment and cash for new estates.
- Communicate with third-parties including property managers, realtors, appraisers, landlords, etc. at the request of the Regional Trust Officer.
- With the Estate and Trust Advisor/Regional Trust Officer, participate in the initial client meeting with co-executor and beneficiaries and assist with subsequent communication of status updates.
- Prepare initial estate documentation and related forms.
- Participate in the discretionary decision process by gathering relevant client information.
- Assist in new account opening process and documentation preparation.
- Initiate annual review process between clients and Estate and Trust Advisor or Regional Trust Officer.
- Assist and co-ordinate, with Head Office staff, the disbursement of cash to clients, payment of bills and other requests and ensure they are processed on a timely basis.
- Communicate with third-parties such as personal care attorneys and residence staff at the request of the Estate and Trust Advisor/Regional Trust Officer.
General Administrative/Office Functions:
- Oversee internal operational procedures and recommends changes where required to maintain high standards of operational efficiency.
- Maintain MD Private Trust filing system.
- Assist in the preparation of various reports for clients and management.
- Provide research and coordination support to teaming meetings with Estate and Trust Advisor, Regional Trust Officer and other regional Advisors.
- Implement and/or maintain a follow-up system for inquiries, complaints and problem resolution, and ensure that established MD Private Trust service standards are being met in a timely matter.
- Assist in the implementation of marketing initiatives for the business unit.
- Provide back-up assistance to other MD Private Trust regional staff as required.
- Maintain client records on information systems.
- Review invoices and forward to Head Office for processing.
- Receive client/external telephone calls and respond or re-direct in an efficient and professional manner.
- Assist with ensuring office equipment and systems are maintained including photocopier, facsimile, phone system/voice mail and printers and liaise with IT Help Desk to solve problems.
- Community college diploma or equivalent
- Working knowledge of legal documents such as Wills, Trust Deeds and Powers of Attorney is an asset.
- CSI Global Education Inc. Estate & Trust Administration or Completion of Level 1 CETA Program (Certificate in Estate and Trust Administration) is an asset.
- Experienced user of MS Word, Outlook
- Knowledge of the securities industry is an asset
- 2+ years as an administrator in an office environment with direct client contact ideally, an Estate & Trust environment or in a Trust administrator position,
- 2+ years experience in a financial services environment is an asset
- Bilingualism (English-French) - required
- Excellent professional communication skills – both verbal and written
- High attention to detail and solid follow-through capabilities
- Strong organizational skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with an ability to deal with sensitive and difficult client situations in a gracious and professional manner
- Exceptional ability to schedule, plan and meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize several requirements at once and while under pressure
- Excellent team player with the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated initiative, pro-activity and sense of responsibility
- Dedicated to service excellence for internal and external clients
- Ability to effectively manage change
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Quebec : Quebec
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.