New Job Recreation Receptionist/Cashier In British Columbia
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $25.50 an hour
Location : British Columbia
City of Penticton
Employment Type: Part-time Permanent
Location: Penticton, BC, CA
Apply URL: https://penticton.prevueaps.ca/jobs/20148.html
Penticton is a vibrant, innovative, healthy waterfront city focused on sustainability, community, and economic opportunity. At the City of Penticton, our goal is to serve our residents, businesses, and visitors through good governance, partnership and the delivery of effective and community-focused services. The City of Penticton is looking to fill the position of part-time permanent Recreation Receptionist/Cashier.
The Recreation Department promotes and contributes to a healthy community and enhances the quality of life for Penticton residents and visitors through planning, management and delivery of recreation, sport events and active living opportunities. This department partners with volunteers, community members and private sector providers to support recreation opportunities in the City.
Reporting to the Recreation Business Supervisor the Recreation Receptionist/Cashier is primarily responsible for providing reception and cashier services while providing a high level of customer support.
- Responds to inquiries and provides information and assistance to the public concerning recreation and culture opportunities, registration procedures, memberships, rental of parks and facilities, events and schedules by telephone, email and in person.
- Receives cash, debit, credit card and cheque remittances for program fees, admissions, retail and membership sales; theatre tickets and facility rentals; balances cash receipts and prepares daily cash reports.
- Processes program registrations and sales transactions; prepares and collects registration forms; maintains class lists, waiting lists and related materials.
- Processes program cancellations, postponements, withdrawals, refund requests, account adjustments and changes as directed.
- Provides administrative support to management, program and aquatic staff.
- Performs clerical functions such as photocopying; preparing correspondence and support materials; maintaining program and community group lists; record keeping and filing; and opening and sorting mail.
- Processes subsidy applications such as the LIFE program.
- Admissions control of high volume facilities including the swimming pool and fitness room and ensuring rules and regulations are observed.
- Issues and controls the use of rental equipment.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- Excellent computer skills using various applications (Microsoft Office Suite) and systems.
- Minimum typing speed of 55 wpm accompanied by high attention to detail and degree of accuracy.
- Knowledge of Point of Sale, Cash, or Recreation related software/systems.
- Knowledge of recreation programs, facilities, schedules and fees.
- Ability to manage conflict and effectively work with challenging customers.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a diverse team, with limited supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to balance and coordinate efforts across multiple, concurrent activities.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to maintain and organize accurate records, prioritize work and assure customer satisfaction
Education, Training & Experience:
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by administrative, customer service and/or cashiering courses.
- Minimum of three years' experience dealing with the public via telephone, email and in person.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
At the City of Penticton, we recognize that great talent and great ideas come from a variety of backgrounds. Tapping into the diversity of our community makes us all stronger and allows us to serve Penticton even better.
That's why we welcome all applicants to consider joining our team. We encourage Indigenous persons, people of colour, all genders and expressions, 2SLGBT2QIA+, persons living with disabilities, and others who reflect our ever-changing workplace to apply.
So, if your experience is close to what we're looking for, we would love a chance to talk about working with you. We welcome your cover letter and resume by April 23, 2023.
Note: Part-time requires a minimum commitment of 15 hours per week. Due to the nature of the work, hours vary with operations and can be expected to include evenings and weekends.
$25.50 - $28.32 per hour (Pay Grade 4, CUPE)
15% in lieu of benefits, vacation and statutory holidays
Apply at https://penticton.prevueaps.ca/jobs/20148.html
Education : Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience : 3 years to less than 5 years