New Job Quality Coordinator - Earthworks In Alberta
|QUALITY COORDINATOR - EARTHWORKS|
QUALITY COORDINATOR - EARTHWORKS
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $70,000–$85,000 a year
Location : Alberta
Quality Coordinator - Earthworks
Location: Calgary, AB
Would you like to participate in a ‘once-in-a-lifetime’ project that will protect Calgary and its communities?
We are looking for a Quality Coordinator - Earthworks to join our team and build the Springbank Off-Stream Reservoir, 15km west of Calgary. The Springbank Off-Stream Reservoir will provide flood protection along the Elbow River in Calgary and other downstream communities.
About us: VINCI Construction Terrassement Major Projects is a division of VINCI Construction specialized in the design and construction of major infrastructure & industrial projects which include a significant earthworks and grading component.
About VINCI: VINCI is a world leader in concessions, energy and construction, active in nearly 120 countries. We are the largest Construction company in the world! Our ambition, in response to the climate emergency, is to accelerate the transformation of living environments, infrastructure and mobility. We also aim to foster social progress by being a humanist group that exemplifies inclusion and solidarity. Powered by our economic performance and the engagement of our 220,000 employees, we forge a more sustainable world and fully embrace our role as a private sector partner working in the public interest.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Review Project Specifications and Design Drawings and identify QC requirements and support development of Inspection and Testing Plans (ITPs) and review submittals from sub-contractors
- Work closely with the construction team and subcontractors concerning quality functions and daily inspections
- Perform inspections for structures including rebar, formwork, embeds, anchor bolts, overall readiness for pours, pouring activities, post-pour inspections for repairs and final inspections as per the contract, project specifications and design drawings
- Carry out inspections for earthworks including subbase inspections, fill material verification, other work completed prior to backfill authorizations, and backfilling operations and final inspections the contract, project specifications and design drawings
- Coordinate the implementation of QC program including testing activities
- Review and verify compaction results and concrete break results from 3rd party subcontractors prior to submit to the consultant
- Coordinate project quality activities, including inspections and review of documentation for final acceptance with the Consultant’s team
- Responsible for documentation review, analysis, and maintenance of IMS including inspection and test reports, logs, and turnover documentation
- Generate Non-Conformance Reports and Field Issue Notices when required and coordinate with Construction Team, Subcontractors, and Consultant for disposition and closure
- Assist the Quality Manager in the development and implementation of the Project Construction Quality Control Plan
- Other duties as assigned to meet project schedule and business needs
- Follow Project Safety Policies and Procedures
Requirements & Preferred Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree or diploma in Civil Engineering
- Minimum three years’ experience in quality control on heavy civil construction preferred
- Ability to read and interpret civil drawings and to implement ITPs
- Working knowledge of CSA A23.1/A23.2 and ASTM Standards
- Proficient with computer programs including Bluebeam, Microsoft Office, and Autodesk
- Flexible and able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to maintain and to meet the time demands of unpredictable activities and capable of handling pressure and challenges in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive and creative decision-making skills and attention to detail
- Communicate in a professional manner to all project stake holders
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the construction industry, preferably on large infrastructure projects.
- Experience of Quality Engineering, Quality Inspection and Quality Control.
- PC literate.
- Ability to record tests performed, their setup, results found etc. in a structured, ordered, and timely manner.
Are you interested and recognize yourself in this description? Apply, we want to meet you!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
- Company car
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB T3Z 2B4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Project Quality control: 5 years (required)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-04-15
Expected start date: 2023-05-01