New Job Project Scanning Technician In Alberta
|Project Scanning Technician|
Project Scanning Technician
Company : City of Calgary
Salary : $29.41–$39.30 an hour
Location : Alberta
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary . City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance, promote physical and psychological safety, and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits . Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
The City is committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace which is representative of the community we serve. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and reconciliation. Applications are encouraged from members of groups that are historically disadvantaged and underrepresented. Accommodations are available during the hiring process, upon request.
As a Project Scanning Technician, you will be responsible for participating in scanning activities on a project basis to feed already developed Livelink libraries. You will also provide a basis for migrating hard copy documents to an electronic repository. Primary duties include:
- Provide scanning and reprographic services which include scanning documents in accordance with the Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB) 72.11 guidelines.
- Scan hard copy documents using a number of different scanners, considering factors such as age, condition, and size of documents.
- Gather daily operations statistics that will ensure performance metrics can be met and internal billing goals can be achieved.
- Review images and perform raster editing to improve the quality of the image.
- Handle confidential documents while maintaining a high degree of discretion and remaining compliant with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP).
- Perform other duties such as preparing hard documents for archiving or destruction.
- A High School diploma or equivalent (e.g. GED) and at least 1 year of experience in large format scanning within a customer service environment.
- You have the ability to appropriately adjust a number of settings to obtain the best quality scanned image, raster editing scanned images, and can troubleshoot hardware issues related to a variety of small and large format scanners.
- You demonstrate a high degree of data entry accuracy as each scanned document must include the correct indexed metadata .
Working Conditions: This position requires standing, sitting, lifting boxes or rolls of up to 20lb, and lifting portions of the large drawing overhead for extended periods of time. This position also involves activities that require focused concentration over extended periods of time that may cause both eye strain and fatigue.
A security clearance will be conducted.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Union: CUPE Local 38
Business Unit: Collaboration, Analytics & Innovation
Position Type: 1 Temporary (up to 12 months)
Location: 800 Macleod Trail S.E.
Compensation: Pay Grade 5 $29.41 - $39.30 per hour
Days of Work: This position works a 5 day
work week with 1 day off in a 3 week cycle.
Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work week
Apply By: April 27, 2023
Job ID #: 307542