New Job Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives In British Columbia
|Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives|
Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $41.51–$59.66 an hour
Location : British Columbia
In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority (Island Health) patient and staff safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED) and the Executive Medical Director (EMD), the Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives, is responsible for leading priority geography initiatives. Working collaboratively with Island Health programs, consultants, and stakeholders, the Project Manager leads planning activities and works with teams to identify, plan and implement changes and evaluate improvement initiatives.
Education, Training And Experience
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Master's Degree with 5 years of recent related experience at a senior level working within a complex public or private sector environment and experience in Project management. Healthcare clinical background preferred.
Skills And Abilities
- Demonstrated project management success and the successful completion of one large strategic project within the last three years.
- Detailed knowledge of project management and change management principles and methodologies.
- Intermediate to expert-level system planning implementation skills.
- Proven ability to track, coordinate and integrate external issues as they affect project plans.
- Proven ability to write, analyze and edit project plans, proposals, Service Level Agreements, MOU's for accuracy and consistency.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills coupled with the ability to write or edit high quality business documents (e.g. project charters, master project plans, risk management plans, communication plans, progress reports, project wrap-up documentation).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the capability of providing leadership to a diverse project team and interact comfortably with senior personnel in the organization.
- Excellent presentation, interviewing, facilitating, and negotiating skills.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the role.