New Job Planner In Ontario
Reporting to the Manager of Policy and Environment, is responsible for providing a full range of policy development and project management activities to support the Branch/Division, including the preparation of planning reports and other planning functions related to the jurisdiction and responsibilities of the Department.
- Reviews strategic planning and development proposals for conformity with Provincial, Regional and/or local municipal plans, and with generally accepted planning policies and standards.
- Recommends policy affecting land use, community facilities, housing, and transportation to guide development.
- Assists with the design and application of the Region’s forecasting systems, including demographic, employment, and socioeconomic models.
- Prepares and updates forecasts of population, employment, and land use for use by the Region, local municipalitites and private sector.
- Compiles, analyzes and reports data on demographic, economic, cultural, sociological and physical factors affecting land use planning.
- Carries out research on assigned projects, compiles and analyzes statistics related to project plans or area studies.
- Attends and/or makes presentations at public and professional forums.
- Consults with appropriate Regional departments and other government agencies regarding the availability of services and other requirements relating to land use and/or other proposals.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, that are in accordance with Branch or Department objectives.
- Successful completion of a University degree in Urban Planning or related discipline.
- Membership or able to successfully obtain membership in the Canadian Institute of Planners (C.I.P.) within six months of appointment.
- Minimum two (2) years experience in the planning field.
- Thorough knowledge of planning principles, concepts, practices, methods and applicable legislation.
- Knowledge of statistical and analysis techniques, demographic forecasting, and economic base analysis and forecasting.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self management and accountability, and flexibility/adaptability.