New Job Operator, Facility In Yukon
Company : City of Whitehorse
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Yukon
Job posting closes: April 28th, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. Yukon Standard Time
An Eligibility List may be established from this competition – the duration of the eligibility list may be up to 12 months. The eligibility list may be used to fill future permanent full-time, permanent part-time, temporary full-time, temporary part-time, term or casual vacancies within the same department and classification based on the organizational needs by going to the next highest ranked candidate until the eligibility list expires.
This position is covered by a collective agreement between the City of Whitehorse and the Public Service Alliance of Canada/Yukon Employees Union.
The City wishes to thank all applicants for their interest but only those candidates selected to advance in the recruitment will be contacted. Note that only those candidates eligible to legally work in Canada will be considered.
Department: Recreation & Facility Services
Under the direction of the Operations Supervisor, the incumbent operates and maintains facility systems and provides relevant janitorial services to the indoor facilities. (Canada Games Centre, Takhini Arena and Mt. McIntyre Recreation Centre).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates and maintains Aquatic Centre systems and facility digital control system (DDC) according to health standards.
- Performs light maintenance on all electrical, plumbing and air handling systems in the Canada Games Centre, Takhini Arena and Mt. McIntyre Recreation Centre.
- Implements the established preventative maintenance routine, reports defects and records daily operations in all areas.
- Initiates work orders and assists with co-ordination of work with other departments as required.
- Maintains fitness equipment including preventative maintenance and ordering parts and tools for fitness equipment.
- Purchases parts and supplies for maintenance activities in the Canada Games Centre (CGC).
- Maintains building entrances and exits.
- Supplies janitorial services as required.
- Assists with set up and take down for scheduled activities, as required.
- Prepares and submits reports as required.
- Answers inquiries and distributes information.
- Follows, so far as is reasonably practicable, established health and safety procedures.
This description contains elements necessary for identification and evaluation of the job. The incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
Hours of work- rotating 7 hour shifts anytime Sunday – Saturday between the hours of 0800 - 0800 hours. Exposed to dust, dirt, fumes, odours, grease, oil and temperature extremes on a daily basis and dangerous goods, bodily fluids/wastes and inclement weather, infrequently, in the course of job duties.
Required Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Grade 12.
- Standard First Aid and CPR Level C - 14 hours
- Pool Operator’s Level II Certificate – Pool Operator 1 (2 days), Pool Operator II (4 days) - 64 hours
- Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Confined Space Entry level 1 - 8 hours
- High Voltage Awareness - 4 hours
- Fall Arrest - 7 hours
- Building Controls Training (4 days) - 28 hours
- WHMIS - 4 hours
- Chlorine Gas Handling Certificate - 35 hours
- Fitness equipment maintenance training (4 days) - 28 hours)
- Previous experience - 2 years pool maintenance experience
- On-the-job experience - 6 months
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds a few times daily
- Proven ability to concentrate, pay attention to detail, organize, set priorities, be goal oriented and be a team player
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Examples of Equipment to Operate:
- Pool filtration system, chlorination and ph control systems, water test kits and pool vacuum.
- Computerized maintenance management system.
- Janitorial equipment.
- Basic carpentry and small power tools.
- Communications and office equipment.
- Computer applications such as Microsoft Office, ERP, Explorer and Outlook.
- City vehicles.
- Fitness equipment tools
- Skyjacks, scissor lifts, Bobcat
Job seekers are required to create an online profile and submit their application electronically through the City's online Applicant system via www.whitehorse.ca/careers. Instructions on applications are provided at https://www.whitehorse.ca/our-government/employment/how-to-apply/. If you have any further questions regarding this posting, please contact the recruiter at [email protected].
To apply for this position, you are required to submit your resume.
Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the recruiting process.
At the time this posting closes, candidates must have valid and current licenses/certifications/education that match the position requirements. Candidates who are selected to continue with the recruiting process will be required to provide proof of qualifications during their interview