New Job Operator 1-3 In Manitoba
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $3,147–$3,624 a month
Location : Manitoba
Department of Natural Resources and Northern Development
Eastern Region, Manitoba Parks and Trails
Advertisement Number: 41059
Salary(s): OR1-3 $1,573.60 - $1,812.00 bi-weekly
Closing Date: May 12, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions within the North Whiteshell and will remain in place for up to 12 months.
Parks and Trails is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the Operator 1-3 position in the North Whiteshell Provincial Park, Manitoba. The current vacant position is located in Nutimik Lake, Manitoba, however, a 12 month eligability list will be compiled to fill any vacancies that may become vacant in the North Whiteshell. Nutimik Lake is located approximately 135 kilometers from Winnipeg, MB.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a valid full stage Manitoba Class 5 driver's license with full air brake endorsement
- Must be willing and able to work weekends, shift work and holidays as required
- Must be willing and able to work outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Must be physically able of performing the duties of the position including lifting weights of up to 50 lb, bending and kneeling
- Must be willing and able to travel occasionally with overnight stays
- Experience operating and maintaining equipment such as: Wheeled Loader, Backhoe, Garbage Packer, and Mini Hoe Excavator.
- Experience driving a 5-ton vehicle or larger
- Experience in operating/maintaining riding mowers, light automotive vehicles such as: Gators, ATV's, and Argo
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively as part of a team and with the public
- Experience working with Workplace Health and Safety policies and practices
- Ability to keep and maintain written records
- Ability to work under minimal supervision with strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience operating and maintaining trail grooming equipment such as: Bombardier BR180 and Husky
- Mechanical repair experience
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Supervisory experience
Under the supervision of the Park Works Supervisor, the Operator 1-3 will be required to operate various equipment including specialized mowers, light motor vehicles, ORV (snowmobiles and ATV's), tractors and a garbage packer. The incumbent will also be required to operate various equipment within and outside the District such as Bombardier BR180 snow groomer, Prinoth Husky snow groomer, Camo Trooper snow groomer, Skid Steer, Track Loader, Wheeled Loader, and Mini Hoe Excavator. The Operator 1-3 is required to perform maintenance and minor repairs on equipment; as well as to maintain daily operating and maintenance records on equipment.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.