New Job Manager - Financial Operations In Yukon
|Manager - Financial Operations|
Manager - Financial Operations
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $90,569–$124,378 a year
Location : Yukon
This competition is to hire two (2) term positions – one term position to May 31, 2024, and one term position to March 22, 2024 – both working 75 hours bi-weekly.
The Department of Health and Social Services is committed to a diverse and inclusive public service that reflects the population we serve to best meet the needs of Yukoners and to ensure Yukon remains a healthy place to live and work. Our work touches every stage of Yukon life from parenting programs to continuing care, and everything in between.
The Manager, Financial Operations is responsible for coordinating, managing, monitoring, and reporting to the Director, Finance, on the effective operations and financial administrative tasks and processes, for Health and Social Services divisions. These activities include supporting the senior branch and program management team with all aspects of financial management, forecasting, Management Board submissions, Transfer Payment Agreements, variance reporting, contract management, and other financial transactions that support the effective operations of the division. This encompasses fiscal and administrative resource planning, analysis, allocation and management of financial resources, and for managing and directing the day-to-day operations Heath and Social Services.
Bring your experience to us and enjoy flexible work and generous leave options to meet your needs, a comprehensive benefits package and pension plan, and career development opportunities. Yukon Government is listed as on one of Canada’s Top 100 Employees for many reasons.
Your Yukon experience can be whatever you make it. Discover a wealth of outdoor pursuits, creative and arts communities, living history and a vibrant capital city that has all the amenities of a much larger urban centre. What’s your Yukon going to be? And yes, you’ll see bears, just not in the office.
For more information about this job, please contact:
For assistance on how to apply on this posting, please contact E-Recruitment Client Support at (867) 667-9453 or [email protected].
For more information about this position, please contact Melanie Wallace, A/Director, Finance at: [email protected].
For more information about Yukon Government’s recruitment process, please contact Tiara Teresa at: [email protected].
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note selection for further consideration will be based on the information you provide in your resume; ensure you use a month/year to month/year format. For more assistance on how to write a resume for Yukon Government, please visit our E-recruitment How-To webpage.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Business, Economics, or other related discipline, supported by certification as a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA).
- Extensive experience leading strategic financial operations, preferably in a public health setting.
- Experience supervising a diverse finance team in the day-to-day management and execution of a wide range of financial actions, tasks, and activities.
- Broad range of experience in financial management including preparing O&M and Capital Budgets, variance reporting, contract administration, and financial analysis and forecasting.
- Experience providing advice and briefing materials to members of the senior management team.
Candidates who have education, training, and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above may be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability:
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Strong financial management and accounting skills
- Ability to development and implement operational practices
- Ability to lead change
- Supervisory skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships and cooperative partnerships with colleagues, clients, and partners.
Conditions of Employment:
- Valid Driver's Licence
- Security Clearance
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time in front of a computer screen