New Job Learning Specialist For Leadership Development In New Brunswick
|Learning Specialist for Leadership Development|
Learning Specialist for Leadership Development
Company : Department of Education and Early Childhood Development
Salary : $86,112–$104,182 a year
Location : New Brunswick
Learning Specialist for Leadership Development, Governance, and Provincial Improvement Framework
Department of Education and Early Childhood Development
At the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development (EECD), we are dedicated to fulfilling New Brunswick's educational mission.
Check out what it is like to work at the Government of New Brunswick, where we are working together as One Team One GNB to improve the lives of New Brunswickers every day!
The work we do has a positive impact on our communities and helps improve the everyday lives of New Brunswickers. Together, we are over 45,000 New Brunswickers who are passionate problem-solvers, who make a difference and are proud to call New Brunswick home.
The Strategic Partnerships, System Excellence, and Applied Research unit of the Change Leadership branch is seeking a Learning Specialist for Leadership Development, Governance, and Provincial Improvement Framework. This unit strives to cultivate partnerships among organizations and communities to enhance education for all learners as well as leading and facilitating research at the Department.
Reporting to the Director of Strategic Partnerships, System Excellence, and Applied Research, the successful candidate's primary responsibilities will include:
- Leading the implementation of the provincial Education Leadership Development plan and soliciting ongoing feedback on the plan.
- Updating learning materials, facilitating training, supporting leadership development, and developing online leadership content with Desire2Learn (D2L).
- Providing regular updates on the project progress and facilitating ongoing engagement with key stakeholders.
- Working with change management and project management personnel to develop project charters, set deliverables, and keep projects on target.
- Updating regulatory documents as requested by senior management.
- Leading the Governance Design Team.
- Leading the ongoing operationalization of the Improvement Framework.
- Engaging with key district personnel and other internal and external stakeholders regarding important dates, operational communications, and key framework deliverables.
- Working alongside district personnel to ensure that the self-assessment process is fully operationalized annually.
- Collaborating with District personnel to aggregate provincial data and share with stakeholders at all levels.
- Providing feedback via formal and informal presentations on Key Performance Indicators and data to senior leadership and other stakeholders.
- Update Framework documents annually.
- Provide training for departmental, district, and school personnel as needed and/or requested.
Who you are:
You have a strong desire to understand client needs and provide options for collaborative success. You possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to problem-solve creatively and to think on your feet. You are flexible and can respond to changing needs in a fast-paced environment, responding to changeable client needs. You treat people in a polite and professional manner, always showing kindness. You understand the interconnectedness of the skills of all team members for delivering the best possible product and are open to incorporating the knowledge and experience of others into your work.
Your attitude, skills and interests are just as important as your area of study. We are looking for diverse backgrounds that bring a combination of the following:
Need to have:
- Master's degree in Education, or a related field and a minimum of seven (7) years of public school teaching experience. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated effective relationship management with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Thorough knowledge of research and best practice in education and a sound knowledge of provincial curricula.
Written and spoken competence in English is required. Please state your language capability on your application.
Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
Nice to have:
- Leadership experience in public schools and/or school districts
- Experience leading projects
- Experience with school reviews, either conducting or participating
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
- Analytical Thinking / Judgment
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Results Orientation
- Strategic Thinking
- Knowledge of Applicable Legislation and the Department's Policies and Procedures
- Presentation Skills
- Planning and Organizing Skills
- Written Communication
Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Pay Band 7: $86,112 - $104,182 annually.
Work environment :
- Office location: 250 King Street, Fredericton.
- A hybrid work arrangement could be considered.
- Some travel across the province may be required.
- Standard hours of work: Monday - Friday, 8:15-4:30.
- We promote a scent-reduced environment.
What can GNB offer you?
- Comprehensive benefits package and the Public Service Shared Risk Pension Plan.
- Opportunities for career growth, professional development and training.
- Free access to Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and services.
- 1 paid Volunteer Day per year to give back to your community.
- 1.25 days/month of paid vacation.
Providing a safe workplace for all. Your health & safety are important to us. GNB has implemented preventative measures across the organization to ensure your health & safety.
How to apply
We encourage applicants to apply online at www.ere.gnb.ca by mail at the following address, or by email at [email protected] by April 30, 2023, indicating competition number 23-2000-C02. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Department of Education and Early Childhood Development
Human Resource Services
Place 2000, 250 King Street
Fredericton, N.B. E3B 5H1
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Let's connect. You belong here.