New Job Leader, Wastewater And Stormwater Project Development In Alberta
|Leader, Wastewater and Stormwater Project Development
Leader, Wastewater and Stormwater Project Development
Company : City of Calgary
Salary : $100,567–$154,029 a year
Location : Alberta
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary . City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance, promote physical and psychological safety, and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits . Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
The City is committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace which is representative of the community we serve. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and reconciliation. Applications are encouraged from members of groups that are historically disadvantaged and underrepresented. Accommodations are available during the hiring process, upon request.
As a Leader, Wastewater and Stormwater Project Development, you will be responsible for planning infrastructure for the wastewater and stormwater collection systems, stormwater facilities and wastewater treatment plants, to achieve the Utilities’ customer levels of service. Primary duties include:
- Collaborate with other leaders to bring operational input, customer service levels, and delivery considerations together to inform planning outcomes and the strategic vision, prioritization, decision making of the team.
- Plan, manage, and deliver a portfolio of technical engineering projects to ensure that infrastructure will accommodate population growth and meet current and future regulations, and standards for reliability are met.
- Utilize relevant infrastructure and customer-centered performance measures, service levels, and targets to measure the effectiveness of operating and capital infrastructure investments.
- Provide leadership, staff development, coaching, mentoring, and direction to staff in their interaction with internal/external partners, the public, customers, and other City departments. Create a line of sight that links team results with Infrastructure Services Business Plan.
- Foster change and promote innovation in the planning and design of collection systems, stormwater facilities, wastewater treatment processes, and engineering technologies across Water Utility.
- Build and foster networks and relationships with internal and external technical experts and operations staff, to influence positive outcomes and the adoption of new technologies, approaches, and innovations.
A degree in Civil, Environmental or Water Resource Engineering, registration as a Professional Engineer in Canada, and current licensure as a Professional Engineer with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA) or licensure by the first day of work.
At least 8 years of progressively more responsible experience as a Professional Engineer is required.
Strong technical knowledge of wastewater treatment plants and/or collection systems is essential.
A Master’s degree in a related field is an asset.
Working knowledge of plant and/or linear system operations and maintenance is considered to be an asset.
Competencies and proven results in strategic leadership, developing others, communication, and building relationships is considered to be an asset.
Experience in budgeting, performance measurement, cost benefit, and risk analysis is also an asset.
Success is this position requires strong leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to lead change; ability to effectively communicate on technical, operational and business issues to multiple audiences; critical thinking, problem solving and decision making; strong project management skills, with a demonstrated ability to manage staff to achieve the goals of multidimensional work programs.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Union: Exempt Engineer
Business Unit: Capital Priorities and Investment
Position Type: 1 Permanent
Location: 625 25 Avenue SE
Compensation: Engineering Level F $100,567 - 154,029 per annum
Days of Work: This position works a 5 day
work week earning 1 day off in a 3 week cycle.
Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work week
Apply By: May 15, 2023
Job ID #: 307561