New Job It Student In Ontario
Fengate is an asset management firm that specializes in customized investment funds with a strategic focus on infrastructure, real estate and private equity. We are trusted developers and active managers of real assets, providing investors with special access to tailored investments with reliable, long-term returns. With operations in North America and select international markets, we have a global reach built on strong Canadian roots and a well-established track record of successful investments.
Founded in 1974, Fengate started as a real estate management business in Ontario, Canada. Over the last 40 years, we have transformed our business to become one of Canada's leading real asset management firms, with offices in Toronto, Vancouver, New York and Texas. Since 2007, Fengate has been recognized as one of "Canada's Best Managed Companies".
The IT Student is responsible to help provide computer hardware, software, application, network and peripherals support for approximately 240 team members in three offices and additional remote locations.
Working closely with internal IT teams and end users, this self-starter is passionate about technology, is eager to expand their skill sets and understands the importance of providing exceptional customer service.
The candidate will have opportunity to participate in new IT initiatives, work closely with employees throughout all departments and be an integral contributor to the day-to-day functioning of the IT helpdesk.
This role will need to be on site at our Oakville office three days per week with the occasional visit to our Toronto office.
Key Responsibilities includes but not limited to,
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming helpdesk requests related to laptops, mobile devices, operating systems, and applications.
- Configure and maintain laptops and mobile devices (laptop imagining, software installations, troubleshooting issues)
- Troubleshooting user access to the network by resetting passwords, unlocking user accounts, and managing active directory groups.
- Clearly document issues and remediation of requests in our service desk software.
- Installations and configuration, of third-party tools such as Anti-Virus, Windows OS updates, web browsers and Adobe products.
- Participates in the onboarding and off boarding process of new and departed employees.
- Is expected to run diagnostic programs, isolate and troubleshoot problems, and implement solutions to resolve issues.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff at all levels.
- Comfortable responding to helpdesk requests in person, over the phone, email, or Microsoft Teams
- Keeps manager well informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Currently enrolled in a technology-based program at a college or university.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and services (Windows 10 and 11)
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a variety of people who have different levels of technical competence
- Highly engaged individual that seeks out a better way of doing things.
- Being able to work independently and within a team.
Core Fengate Competencies:
- Business Focus and Strategic Thinking: You display an understanding of Fengate's as well as the investment project's business and strategy. You recognize and reinforce how Fengate differentiates itself in the marketplace.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: You are approachable and supportive of team members and go above and beyond normal duties to make the team and Fengate successful. You actively participate in team activities and projects.
- Driving for Results: You take initiative to manage your work and performance and do not require close supervision. You consistently produce high quality output.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making: You recognize challenges and opportunities and determine whether action is needed and prioritize situation in terms of impact.
- Communication: Clear, concise and directly communicate ideas, information and directions both verbally and in writing.
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.