New Job It Specialist Mobile Device Support In Ontario
|IT Specialist Mobile Device Support|
IT Specialist Mobile Device Support
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $74,817–$99,758 a year
Location : Ontario
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Number of Positions: 1
Closing Date: 05/03/2023
Under the direction of the Program Manager, IT Desktop & Support Services, the successful candidate will manage, install, configure, troubleshoot, support and maintain mobile devices, peripherals, servers and related hardware, software and asset management of mobile equipment.
This position will be required to work in a hybrid work arrangement (some work from home and some work in the office) for an undetermined period. Once the City’s offices fully re-open, you will be required to work out of Mississauga City Hall at 300 City Centre Drive (possibly on a rotational basis).
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- Responsible for administration, configuration, and security for the City’s MDM (Mobile Device Management) platforms Microsoft Intune & VMware Workspace ONE
- Provide Level 3 technical support for corporate mobile systems/devices at the City of Mississauga including but not limited to MDM, M365, iOS, Android, rugged (Windows/iOS/Android/Other)
- Gather corporate business requirements for mobile devices, work with MM and Legal to create and manage the RFP procurement of different mobile programs;
- Monitor demand and plan capacity of the mobile devices, impact to licences, budget and procurement contracts;
- Establish corporate standards for mobile devices and maintain associated documentation;
- Negotiate mobile payment plans with multiple vendors keeping budget constraints in mind and write appropriate yearly corporate report for Council authority that include new negotiations and extension to existing contracts;
- Negotiate settlements with vendors where incurred mobile roaming charges are extreme;
- Manage multiple vendor relationships and contracts of the mobile devices and payment plans;
- Manage, install, configure, mobile devices including WWAN modems, phones are tablet devices;
- Troubleshoot, support and maintain mobile devices, peripherals, servers and related hardware / software;
- Maintain asset management of mobile equipment.
Skills and Qualifications
- Must have a post-secondary degree/diploma education in related discipline such as Computer Science, Telecommunications, Wireless Communication;
- Must have 3 to 5 years experience administering and maintaining Microsoft Intune/Endpoint Management (MDM) & VMware Workspace ONE (MDM);
- Experience administering and maintaining the Microsoft 365 platform;
- Demonstrated experience with Apple iOS, Mac OS, Android, Microsoft Windows, Mobile Device Management, Microsoft Office Suite, mobile devices and related peripherals;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange ActiveSync;
- Demonstrated experience of negotiating and managing multiple vendor mobile contracts, working on mobile technologies procurement RFP and creating yearly Corporate Reports for Council Authority;
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service and ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders;
- Must have knowledge of hardware and software installation, configuration, testing and evaluation of new mobile technologies along with server based administration and monitoring applications is required;
- Must be able to communicate effectively with other technical team members and senior IT management and escalate problems appropriately;
- Must have strong presentation and organizational skills;
- Must have solid decision making, technical, analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Experience in technical writing, support and end-user documentation;
- A team player with the ability to handle multiple tasks, has attention to detail, has initiative and is adaptable;
- Proven ability to work in a project team environment;
- Demonstrated commitment to service excellence, quality, and client communications;
- Good ability to quickly grasp and master new concepts and technologies;
- Commitment to service excellence and total quality is essential;
- A Level 2- Criminal or Judicial Matters Check (previously Regular CRS) will be required of the successful candidate, as a condition of employment, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
Hours of Work: 35
Work Location: Civic Centre
Department/Division/Section: CPS/Corporate Services Dept , CPS/IT Division , Service Management
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can also check your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.