New Job Intermediate Drafting/Field Technologist In Manitoba
|Intermediate Drafting/Field Technologist|
Intermediate Drafting/Field Technologist
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
We currently have an opening for an Intermediate Drafting/Field Technologist in our Winnipeg office. The successful candidate will have approx. 5+ years of experience in multidisciplinary drafting for commercial and/or municipal facilities. This position will provide you with the opportunities for advancement and career growth. You will be in a collaborative environment with opportunities to take on increasing responsibilities.
Office work will predominantly entail detail drafting services in a team environment for water and wastewater facilities, as well as occasional civil infrastructure projects for both private and public sector clients. The ideal candidate would be able to draft architectural, structural, mechanical and electrical drawings in coordination with the designers and other disciplines.
Field work will include building inspection services on active construction sites in rural Manitoba, monitoring for project quality and the contractor’s adherence to codes, standards and specifications.
As the ideal candidate, you are an excellent communicator with effective organizational and time management skills, who is capable of efficiently managing multiple tasks while meeting project deadlines and thrives in a dynamic work environment. Your abilities will be strengthened and grown through a range of projects focused on the delivery of multidisciplinary water treatment and wastewater plants in Manitoba. You will have the opportunity to develop a career path focused on technical leadership based on your career aspirations and qualifications.
As part of the SK-MB Operation, you will report to the Manager, Water in the Winnipeg office.
What you will bring:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or Engineering Design & Drafting Technology from an accredited post-secondary institution
- C.E.T. or eligible – registered with CTTAM
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the drafting of multidiscipline (SME) facility projects, gained in an engineering consulting work setting
- Experience and interest in working in the field on engineering project sites, doing survey and layout
- Proficiency in the use of design software, including AutoCAD, AutoCAD MEP, and Revit
- Strong attention to detail and quality of work
- Committed team player
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to work independently on multiple projects at once
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a valid class 5 driver's license
- Available and willingness to travel to construction sites across Manitoba
Everyone has their own unique talents, skills, and background. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, let us know why you’d be a great fit for this role!
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits, including health coverage, dental coverage, use of our Employee and Family Assistance Program, and company pension program that matches your contributions
- Flexible working arrangements, including flex time and remote working options
- Culture that promotes accessibility and respect, through our company-wide Diversity & Inclusion Committee, WISER Committee, Accessibility Task Force, and other initiatives
- Culture that promotes sustainability, through our numerous local Eco-Action Committees, and company-wide Climate Change training
- Ongoing support for your professional development and personal growth through our Mentoring Program, Continuing Professional Development training hours, professional designation support, and Young Professionals Club
- Work environment that focuses on your health, safety, and overall wellness, including our local Wellness Clubs, and annual Fitness Allowance. The safety of our employees is paramount. We are also COR® (Certificate of Recognition) safety certified.
- An active Social Club, Book Club, and other social and networking opportunities (including our biennial company-wide Olympics), Lunch-and-Learns, and community volunteer initiatives
We are confident that you will achieve your career and personal goals at Associated Engineering. If interested in this opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to us at [email protected] or apply online through our website listed below! Check out our further career opportunities and learn more about us here: www.ae.ca.