New Job Intermediate Civil Technologist In Manitoba
|Intermediate Civil Technologist|
Intermediate Civil Technologist
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
We currently have an opening for an Intermediate Civil Technologist in our Winnipeg office. The successful candidate will have 5+ years of experience. This position will provide you with the opportunities for advancement and career growth. You will be in a collaborative environment with opportunities to take on increasing responsibilities.
Your work will predominantly entail design and drafting services in a team environment for civil infrastructure projects for both private and public sector clients. Infrastructure types include urban and rural water distribution systems, and wastewater collection systems, site grading plans, landfills, and wastewater lagoons. You will provide construction administration and project management services, do drafting, design, planning, and analysis, on a variety of engineering projects. On occasion, field/site support may be required.
As the ideal candidate, you are an excellent communicator with effective organizational and time management skills, who is capable of efficiently managing multiple tasks while meeting project deadlines and thrives in a dynamic work environment. Your abilities will be strengthened and grown through a range of projects focused on the delivery of infrastructure projects in Manitoba. You will have the opportunity to develop a career path focused on technical leadership based on your career aspirations and qualifications.
As part of the SK-MB Operation, you will report to the Manager, Water in the Winnipeg office.
What you will bring:
- A Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology from an accredited post-secondary institution
- C.E.T. or eligible – registered with CTTAM
- 5+ years of relevant experience in design, drafting, project management, and construction administration, gained in an engineering consulting work setting
- Proficiency in civil analysis and design software use, such as AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Strong attention to detail and quality of work
- Committed team player
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to work independently on multiple projects at once
- Proven analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience in business development and liaising with clients
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Possess a valid class 5 driver's license
- Available and willingness to travel to construction sites across Manitoba
Everyone has their own unique talents, skills, and background. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, let us know why you’d be a great fit for this role!
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits, including health coverage, dental coverage, use of our Employee and Family Assistance Program, and company pension program that matches your contributions
- Flexible working arrangements, including flex time and remote working options
- Culture that promotes accessibility and respect, through our company-wide Diversity & Inclusion Committee, WISER Committee, Accessibility Task Force, and other initiatives
- Culture that promotes sustainability, through our numerous local Eco-Action Committees, and company-wide Climate Change training
- Ongoing support for your professional development and personal growth through our Mentoring Program, Continuing Professional Development training hours, professional designation support, and Young Professionals Club
- Work environment that focuses on your health, safety, and overall wellness, including our local Wellness Clubs, and annual Fitness Allowance. The safety of our employees is paramount. We are also COR® (Certificate of Recognition) safety certified.
- An active Social Club, Book Club, and other social and networking opportunities (including our biennial company-wide Olympics), Lunch-and-Learns, and community volunteer initiatives
We are confident that you will achieve your career and personal goals at Associated Engineering. If interested in this opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to us at [email protected] or apply online through our website listed below! Check out our further career opportunities and learn more about us here: www.ae.ca.