New Job Information Security Specialist In Ontario
|Information Security Specialist
Information Security Specialist
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Requisition ID: 175195
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Cryptographic Operations is a unit within Scotiabank’s Information Security & Control (IS&C) that provides services including HSM engineering, key and secret management, certificate management, etc. Cryptographic Operations team has enterprise-wide accountability and is highly supportive of the Bank’s business, safeguarding and running some of the bank's Critical Information Assets. The team is purposefully formulated with the correct expertise to align with IT&S Strategic goals. Strong investments have been focused on automation and research into industry-leading cryptographic tools to meet Technology Enabler initiatives such as Improving Productivity and Modernizing to Win enabling the Bank to safely conduct business transactions in high-risk environments (e.g. Internet, data transmissions, remote access) deployed over core business delivery channels that are global in scope.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, the Senior Lead Crypto Security Engineer:
Leads a dynamic team of FTE’s/contractors to deliver Cryptographic HSM solutions and services across the enterprise by partnering with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provides second-line support of HSM and Key Management technologies, participating in the team’s 24/7 standby schedule.
- Actively reviews and actions requirements for patching, maintaining to supportable HW and SW versions, currency lifecycle management inclusive of obsolescence planning, service ownership, reporting and resolving of Audit findings.
- Responsible for creation of new and upkeep of all HSM inventories, documentation, knowledge base and checklist.
- Leads HSM incident response investigations and escalations on HSM infrastructure, cross functionally with other teams to deliver best in class service and operational effectiveness and efficiency with collective ownership representing Crypto to action and resolve.
- When required attending and participating onsite with audited key ceremonies at the Crypto Production Center located in Scarborough ON.
- When required attending on site at the Scarborough ON HSM secure staging facility and local Bank data centers to perform configuration and staging activities.
- Provides oversight and governance for HSM technologies used in the bank.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Champions a high-performance environment using a coaching mindset, behaviors and embracing Scotiabank’s values and contributing to an inclusive work environment.
- Participates in project activities for critical applications requiring managed cryptographic keys and integration with secure key storage solutions.
- Participates in cross-department strategic discussions and working with management to develop roadmaps, strategies, and tactical plans to improve on the bank's security posture with respect to HSM and key management technology
- Accountable for managing day 2 intake by reviewing, assessing, and delivering.
3+ years of HSM experience with strong knowledge in implementation (installation, configuration, integration) and enterprise grade application support.
- Expertise and experience with General and Payment grade HSM technology e.g. Thales Luna, Atalla, Futurex, nShield, & Marvell LiquidSecurity
- Knowledge and experience with Service NOW and ITIL processes, incident response.
- IT standards, methodologies, key management regulations, and audit requirements.
- Must have the ability to generate reports and tailor communication strategies for various levels of technical staff and executive management.
- Good communication and support skills for triaging and resolving technical issues.
- University degree or college diploma and a minimum of four (4) years equivalent security industry -related experience.
- Proven security and risk awareness i.e. CISSP or any other security designations would be an asset.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.