New Job Human Resources Associate 1 In Alberta
|Human Resources Associate 1|
Human Resources Associate 1
Company : City of Calgary
Salary : $33.33–$44.60 an hour
Location : Alberta
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary . City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance, promote physical and psychological safety, and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits . Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
The City is committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace which is representative of the community we serve. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and reconciliation. Applications are encouraged from members of groups that are historically disadvantaged and underrepresented. Accommodations are available during the hiring process, upon request.
As a Human Resources (HR) Associate 1, you will be the primary point of contact in an inbound service centre environment and will be responsible for receiving, evaluating, and entering information and completing transactions into PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM). Primary duties include:
- Use multiple computer applications to reference and research information.
- Analyze and process a variety of inquiries/transaction requests related to employee/position movements and changes.
- Provide information to supervisors, employees, and the public on e-recruit and recruitment process.
- Track, follow-up and collect employee and position information.
- Investigate and respond to inquiries and provide clarification on benefits, union agreements, policies, and procedures.
- Verify and confirm large volumes of employee, job, and position records; enter data into PeopleSoft HCM system.
- Determine eligibility of benefits coverage; investigate employment date, previous service, benefit status, validate transfer, and layoff/termination status.
- Determine eligibility for pension plans. Set up pension plans in PeopleSoft HCM and create employee pension file.
- Generate various reports, statistics and spreadsheets.
- One of the following combinations of education and experience is required:
- A completed 2 year diploma in Human Resources, Business, or a related field and at least 2 years of related customer service experience dealing directly with a wide range of inquiries, preferably in a business, HR, or call/service centre environment; OR
- A degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field and at least 1 year of related customer service experience dealing directly with a wide range of inquiries, preferably in a business, HR, or call/service centre environment.
- Preference will be given to applicants with the following:
- Experience working in a unionized environment interpreting collective agreements and/or in a fast-paced service centre environment.
- Prior work experience handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Previous experience with PeopleSoft HCM.
- An intermediate level of proficiency with PeopleSoft HR HelpDesk.
- A Human Resources degree.
- The ability to work in a highly structured, process, and measurement-oriented environment is essential.
- Success in this position requires strong organizational, mathematical, analytical and problem-solving skills; a commitment to continuous learning; excellent communication skills with a strong attention to detail; a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a team environment; and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential issues with tact, diplomacy, and integrity.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Union: CUPE Local 38
Business Unit: Human Resources
Position Type: 3 Temporary (up to 12 months)
Location: 800 Macleod Trail SE
Compensation: Pay Grade 7 $33.33 - 44.60 per hour
Days of Work: This position typically works a 5 day
work week, with 1 day off in each 3 week cycle.
Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work week
Apply By: April 27, 2023
Job ID #: 307484