New Job Housekeeping Attendant In British Columbia
Company : O'Rourke's Peak Cellars
Salary : $19–$22 an hour
Location : British Columbia
O’Rourke Family Vineyards is located in beautiful Lake Country, BC, surrounded by vineyards, orchards, and beautiful mountain views. We are looking for energetic, positive, detail-oriented Housekeeping Attendants to join our wonderful Hospitality team.
Reporting to the Concierge Coordinators, a Housekeeping Attendant works in multiple facilities on our site, maintaining the general cleanliness and providing clean and sanitary amenities to guests and clients.
The responsibilities of a Housekeeping Attendant include, but are not limited to:
- Perform a variety of cleaning activities such as sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, dusting and polishing all furniture and fixtures in all facilities
- Ensure all rooms are cared for and inspected to facility standards
- Cleaning, scrubbing and sanitizing of toilets, showers, bathtubs, countertops and sinks
- Maintain a clean and sanitary kitchen area including all appliances and sinks
- Perform general sweeping, scrubbing, mopping and vacuuming of floors
- Clean windows, glass surfaces, mirrors and counters as needed
- Dust and polish furniture and room accessories as needed
- Maintain stock levels of linens and towels in all guest homes
- Sorting, washing, loading and unloading laundry for guest homes
- Ironing and steaming of appropriate laundry items for guest homes
- Keeping all bathrooms stocked with appropriate supplies
- Tidying up rooms as needed
- Monitoring cleaning supplies and advise when new orders are required
- Reporting any necessary repairs or replacements
- Emptying trash and recycling receptacles
- Ability to manage time efficiently
- Work well unsupervised
- Physically able to reach, stretch, bend, and walk during daily routine, with the ability to stand for long lengths of time
- Ability to lift 40lbs
- Pays attention to detail when cleaning
- Handle basic maintenance and cleaning
- High school Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to follow verbal directions
- 25% discount on estate wines
- Discounts on meals
- Staff meals
- On-site parking
- Compensation: $19.00-$22.00 per hour plus gratuities
Limited staff accommodation is available for seasonal staff.
The rent is currently $700 a month and it includes all utilities and WIFI. The trailers are equipped with fridge, stove, microwave, private bathroom, couch, bed and basic kitchen utensils - pots, pans, glassware, silverware, etc. Some units have a dishwasher, television, exterior BBQ and sound system. There is a shared centralized vacuum and also shared washer and dryer - each trailer has two separate suites.
O'Rourke Family Vineyards adheres to employment equity and equal opportunity programs and encourages all candidates to apply. We would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.