New Job Home Support Worker In Manitoba
|Home Support Worker|
Home Support Worker
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $14.15 an hour
Location : Manitoba
Requisition ID: 335851
Position Number: 20075412
Posting End Date: May 6, 2023
Site: WRHA Community Health Services
Work Location: Seven Oaks Comm Health & SS
Department / Unit: K7 Seven Oaks Team (East)
Job Stream: Clinical Support
Anticipated Start Date: 05/12/2023
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 8.50
Annual Base Hours: 2080
Salary: $14.150, $14.322, $14.557, $14.910, $15.158
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Under the general supervision of the Resource Coordinator, the Home Support Worker acts as a member of the healthcare team, assisting with patient/client care and providing basic supportive care as directed. The Home Support Worker demonstrates a commitment to the vision, values, goals, and objectives of the WRHA and the Home Care Program.
- Previous patient and/or client care experience preferred.
- Previous experience with housekeeping, laundry, meal preparation preferred.
- Satisfactory employment record required.
- Minimum Grade 10 education, Manitoba standards, required.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of:
- Information and/or training will be provided within the probation period for the following:
- Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS) and Principles of Routine Practices (Universal Precautions).
- Regional and Program policies and procedures.
- Roles and responsibilities of members of the healthcare team
- General skills and ability to perform all tasks and responsibilities relevant to the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned workload.
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities.
- Effective English verbal and written communication skills.
- Preference will be given to those applicants competent in an Indigenous language and/or knowledge in Aboriginal customs, traditions and values.
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands.
- Ability to perform as a team member and seek assistance as necessary.
- Position involves extensive physical activity such as lifting, bending.
- Must be in good physical and mental health.
- Position will be exposed to environmental factors such as pet dander and residual smoke.
- May encounter aggressive and/or agitated clients/visitors/staff.
- Will include travel between clients with unpredictable driving conditions or potential inclement weather.
- May encounter home environments that could have congested spaces, uneven surfaces (both inside and outside the home environment).
- Ability to travel between assignments in a community area to several private homes of clients within Winnipeg and surrounding areas and to adapt to changes in scheduling on short notice required.
- This position is also subject to TB Immunization or Tuberculin testing as per WRHA policy.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.