New Job Health Safety And Training Specialist (2 Term Opportunities - 15 Months, 7 Months) In Ontario
|Health Safety and Training Specialist (2 Term Opportunities - 15 months, 7 months)|
Health Safety and Training Specialist (2 Term Opportunities - 15 months, 7 months)
Company : Greater Toronto Airports Authority
Salary : $41.46 an hour
Location : Ontario
The Greater Toronto Airports Authority (GTAA) is a unique and dynamic place to work. Approximately 1,400 GTAA employees work non-stop with our partners and agencies to deliver a safe and welcoming airport experience at Canada’s leading global hub airport, Toronto Pearson. The impacts of the pandemic have been significant to our industry, yet we remain Pearson Strong and are realizing the opportunity to accelerate our Healthy Airport commitment. Join us on our accelerated journey in creating the airport of the future in a smart, healthy and profitable way.
What's in it for you!
We offer our GTAA members amazing benefits, including retirement planning, group health benefits, employee assistance programs (EAP), paid leave, education and training, as well as recognition and rewards programs.
Reporting to the Manager, Health Safety and Training, this position will provide input and feedback into the development and application of training courses as well as objectives, requirements and program goals related to the yearly strategic plan, as well as the yearly Airport Development and Technical Services (ADTS) training of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Facilitate and coordinate training due to compliance, hazard, risk, complaint, investigation, etc.
- Provide input and feedback on policies, procedures and programs related to health, safety and/or technical training
- Represent Health, Safety and Training on safety related committees and forums
- Support OSH/SMS audit requirements
- Complete evaluation of practical skills to ensure the minimum competency requirements are met by the training participants
- Ensure feedback is provided to the participant and leader on opportunities for improvement or additional skills/training to achieve competency
- Primary provider of mentoring & training for staff on job specific training
- Support the implementation of continuous safety program improvement strategies, including but not limited to inspections and periodical audit of applicable safety programs.
- Primary resource person in the facilitation and completion of the Job Safety Analysis (JSA) process and Hazard Prevention Program
- Tracks monthly training in a manner in line with monthly reporting requirements.
- Co-ordinate with internal and external partners to adjust training schedule in accordance with business and operational needs
This is a unionized position with an hourly wage of $41.46, based on a 40 hour work week. The successful candidate must be available to commence the duties of the position once a selection decision has been made. A practical test will be administered as a part of the competitive process.
- Degree or Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety, or equivalent combination of education or experience
- Certification as Professional Trainer/Facilitator and/or Course Designer by specific program is considered an asset
- Minimum 3 years formal/informal training and mentoring experience
- Minimum 2 years facilitation experience
- Valid Ontario "G" Class Driver’s license
- Ability to obtain and maintain AVOP D and D/A license and Trainer status, with at least 3 years' experience as D/A AVOP Driver, and no active infractions on record.
- Ability to obtain Radio license
- Able to obtain and retain Transportation Security Clearance at the designated level for the position
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong leadership, coaching, and mentoring skills
- Strong computer skills and experience with CMMS/Maximo, Microsoft Office suite, Kronos/resource management systems and LMS systems.
- Knowledge of OHS, SMS and SeMS quality management principles and processes, including risk assessment and root cause analysis
- Accident investigation knowledge and the ability to disseminate the gathered information and derive all factors and root causes
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and the ability to prepare/present highly technical material and information and communicate it effectively to both professionals
- Strong knowledge of Canada Labour Code part II, Management Systems, Ontario Health & Safety Act, applicable standards, regulations or guidelines and application of knowledge to situations with a view towards risk management for the organization
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Analytical skills to identify issues and trends impacting learning performance
- Knowledge of airport operations, ADTS and core operational and business processes
- Proficient in the English language including: use of Canadian English, editing; grammar; sentence structure; business writing and use of business templates
- Knowledge of the operation, maintenance and inspection of equipment
- Knowledge of ADTS practices, trades work and other work requirements within ADTS, in order to prepare and deliver appropriate training material.
- In depth knowledge of the AVOP program, movement areas, radio protocols and aircraft procedures
- Ability to be a certified AVOP “D”, Lift Truck and Aerial Work Platform Trainer
- Ability to work airside, stand and/or walk for long periods of time
The GTAA is a federally regulated private sector. The Government of Canada has suspended mandatory vaccination requirement for federally regulated transportation sector workers. The GTAA continues to monitor government and health developments relating to COVID -19 and may re-introduce the Vaccination and proof of Vaccination requirements in the Policy at any time.