New Job Health, Safety, And Environment (Hse) Lead In Alberta
|Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) Lead
Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) Lead
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
In Canada, we’re not just supporting energy distribution and expansion, performing investigative environmental and geotechnical work and cleaning up the environment, we’re leading the way in Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) performance across all of the work we do. We’re protecting our employees, our subcontractor and clients, and the environment, and making our communities a better place to live.
Our Federal and Environmental Solutions (F&ES) organization is currently looking for an experienced HSE Leader to join our Canadian team. In this position you’ll assist in the development, implementation, and administration of safety, health, and environmental protection programs affecting employee and public HSE across Canada. The successful candidate will provide leadership and provide feedback for improvements to HSE tools, processes, policies, and training. The successful candidate will join an existing HSE team, taking responsibility for the HSE related success of projects / programs across Canada, in support of multiple clients.
Based out of Western Canada, the role will be that of a teleworker, or may be office based, with periodic short duration field work, to audit and assess safety program performance, compliance, and culture firsthand. You’ll be responsible for assisting in maintaining compliance with Jacobs HS&E standards and regulatory requirements, as well as for development and implementation of field and office HS&E programs and occupational safety and health regulation throughout Canada. This role will include remote supervision and authority to make most Canadian HSE decisions. This position will be expected to continue to grow the safety culture and program within Canada, for F&ES and for the company as a whole. This role requires someone with strong interpersonal skills, the ability to assess an existing HSE program and effect change needed for continued growth. This is an exciting opportunity for the correct candidate!Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Progressive HSE experience, BS in industrial hygiene, safety, or related field
- HS Certification required (NEBOSH, CRSP, ROH); CIH/CSP preferred
- Environmental Consulting, Construction, and Hazardous Waste industry experience preferred (e.g., equivalent to U.S. Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER))
- The position requires minimum of 25% travel to our most challenging projects.
- Employee will be based out of a Jacobs Office or teleworker, preferably Calgary, other locations will be considered.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Candidates with a proven track record of success working with and leading HSE staff
- Candidates with experience working with and leading operational staff to ensure HSE success on large and small projects / programs
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
- Master’s degree in in industrial hygiene, safety, or related field
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.