New Job Head - Accounting Operations In Yukon
|Head - Accounting Operations
Head - Accounting Operations
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $73,295–$84,937 a year
Location : Yukon
This is a permanent full-time position, working 75 hours bi-weekly.
At Energy, Mines and Resources, we are committed to a healthy and sustainable resource sector, managed in partnership with Yukoners. We embrace a work environment where problem solving, creativity, teamwork, risk management and personal effort result in the attainment of our goals and those of our clients.
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Operations, this position is primarily responsible for coordinating and monitoring all financial transactions for the department and providing ongoing detailed financial planning and reporting. The incumbent ensures the effective and efficient management of accounts payable and receivable functions on behalf of the department as well as monitors and maintains departmental budget projections, including personnel. The incumbent supervises three finance clerks and will assist with training for all departmental staff. This position is responsible for generating a variety of financial reports to assist management in decision-making and provides the Manager of Financial Operations financial projections that assist in the planning, development and implementation of the department’s O & M, Capital and Supplementary budgets.
For more information, please contact Cheryl Horoscoe, Manager, Financial Operations at (867) 667-3755 or at [email protected]
For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Marni Delaurier, HR Consultant at [email protected]
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
- Diploma in business administration with emphasis in accounting; or at an intermediate level in a program leading toward a professional accounting designation;
- Significant experience performing a broad range of accounting and financial reporting functions including preparation of budget, variance and ad-hoc financial reports by creating and revising spreadsheets using Excel;
- Experience with implementing financial and administrative policies and procedures;
- Experience supervising and training staff;
- Experience using Yukon Government computerized financial systems (i.e. FMIS, Quest, Questica and Front End) and various software programs (Access, Excel, Word, Outlook and Visio) will be considered an asset:
Candidates who have a combination of education, training and experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above will be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, with a tactful, professional approach in providing quality financial reports for senior management
- Excellent organizational and strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize work to respond to numerous, diverse challenges and demands.
- High attention to detail while working with staff to ensure financial processes are followed and understood