New Job Geomatics Officer In New Brunswick
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $63,720–$77,523 a year
Location : New Brunswick
Moncton (New Brunswick), Saint John (New Brunswick), Corner Brook (Newfoundland and Labrador), St. John's (Newfoundland and Labrador), Halifax (Nova Scotia), Sydney (Nova Scotia), Charlottetown (Prince Edward Island)
$63,720 to $77,523
For further information on the organization, please visit Public Services and Procurement Canada
Explore stories of the people and projects making a difference in the lives of Canadians and discover how PSPC supports departments and agencies across government: Our story
Self-declaration: Want to learn more?
Closing date: 24 April 2023 - 23:59, Pacific TimeWho can apply: Persons residing in Canada, and Canadian citizens and Permanent residents abroad.
Giving you the best chance to succeed!
At Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) we are committed to running inclusive and barrier-free recruitment processes.
If you have a limitation that may impact your performance at any steps of the assessment process (such as during a written test or an interview), you may request an accommodation. Assessment accommodations are designed to remove barriers, and to ensure that candidates with limitations can fully demonstrate their abilities. Should you wish to be accommodated, please direct your inquiry to the contact identified at the bottom of this poster. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
For more information on assessment accommodation visit the following website: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-service-commission/services/assessment-accommodation-page.html
WHEN YOU APPLY:
Ensure you answer all the screening questions. Screening questions and your résumé will be the first pieces of information we’ll see about you, so be sure to highlight your achievements, be clear about your experience and education and be specific about roles you've occupied, projects you’ve worked on.
Your application will include assessment questions. The questions will assess the following competencies: Thinking Things Through and Showing Initiative and Being Action-oriented. Your response should include concrete examples demonstrating how you meet each competency.
PSPC manages one of the largest and most diverse portfolios of real estate in the country and is the Government of Canada's real property expert. Our Atlantic Region encompasses all of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Islands and Newfoundland and Labrador. Our real property professionals include office accommodation specialists, architects, engineers, environmental scientists, real estate experts and asset and facility managers. Our work in delivering services is equally diverse; it includes construction and repairs to federal harbours and facilities, office renovations within the federal accommodations portfolio, management of space measurement, accessibility audits and management of construction design drawings of new and existing federal infrastructure.
As a Geomatics Officer you will be responsible for various tasks which may include: area measurement and space measurement, performing accessibility audits, developing CADD drawings and specifications for federal infrastructure projects, and other tasks that come up in day-to-day operations.
At PSPC, we are committed to achieving a competent, representative workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population. We work hard to create a welcoming, respectful and inclusive workplace through a variety of programs and initiatives. In fact, we have been named one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for the fifth year in a row and here is a list of some of our diversity and inclusion achievements:
- five diversity networks;
- a Task Force on Anti-racism, Workplace Culture and Equity;
- a national Reconciliation and Indigenous Engagement Unit;
- an Ombudsman for Mental Health (the first such position within the federal public service);
- an Accessibility Office and;
- a Gender-based Analysis Plus (GBA+) Centre of Expertise.
While many programs and initiatives have already been implemented in line with our commitments to diversity and inclusion, we aim to get better! That's why we invite you to be part of the change by joining an organization where individual differences are recognized, valued and respected. Be part of the solution!
Intent of the process
A pool of (fully or partially qualified) candidates may be established through this process to staff identical or similar positions within Public Services and Procurement Canada with various tenures, various language requirements various security requirements, various conditions of employment and for various locations.
Positions to be filled: Number to be determined
Information you must provide
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
Successful completion of a post-secondary college program in CADD, Architectural or Engineering Drafting, or Engineering Technology (Architectural, Building Systems, Civil, or Structural) or acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience.
Experience in technical design and drafting in Architectural, Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering.
- Significant experience in creating design drawings for design, construction or renovation of facilities or infrastructure using software such as REVIT, Civil 3D or similar programs.
Experience in quality control review of construction drawings for drafting correctness or compliance.
- Significant experience is defined as the depth and breadth of experience that would normally be associated with the performance of these duties for an approximate period of three (3) years
If you possess any of the following, your application must also clearly explain how you meet it (other qualifications)
ASSET OCCUPATIONAL CERTIFICATIONS:
Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.)
Certified Technician (C.Tech.)
Experience providing technical advice to a multi-disciplinary design or project team.
Experience in modeling 3D drawings for the delivery of marine infrastructure.
Experience in modeling 3D drawings for the delivery of civil infrastructure.
Experience in modeling 3D drawings for the delivery of buildings or building renovations.
Experience in providing technical expertise and advice in relation to building information modeling (BIM) software.
Experience performing accessibility audits to determine accessibility deficiencies and technical variances.
Experience in development of space management drawings and performing area calculations.
Experience using Archibus for space measurement.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Various language requirements
English Essential, Bilingual Imperative (CBC/CBC, BBB/BBB)
Information on language requirements
Demonstrating integrity and respect
Thinking things through
Working effectively with others
Showing initiative and being action-oriented
Client Service - Level 1
Ability to communicate effectively verbally.
Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
- We encourage you to self-declare during the online application process by selecting the appropriate box under the Employment Equity (EE) section. Please note that you must complete this questionnaire if you wish to be considered for these opportunities. To complete the questionnaire, you must be a member of an EE group and select Collection Purpose 1 to be considered for job opportunities where belonging to an EE group is a condition for eligibility, or a screening or selection criterion specifically targeting EE groups.
To learn more about employment equity, click on the link below.
Information on employment equity
Willing and able to attend training
Willing and able to travel
Willing and able to work overtime
Willing and able to work in and around construction sites, including wearing protective equipment
Conditions of employment
Secret or Reliability security clearance. Depending on the position to be staffed.
Possession of a valid driver’s license or personal mobility to the extent normally associated with the possession of a valid driver’s license, within the limits of Treasury Board Policy
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
Information on employment equity
- You are encouraged to apply online via the jobs.gc.ca site. To submit an application, please select the button “Apply Online” above.
- You must meet all essential qualifications to be qualified. Asset qualifications, under the "other qualifications" sections, are not essential, but may be deciding factors at any stages of the process.
- When communicating with us, you may use the official language (English or French) of your choice.
- We will be reaching out via email. You must include a valid email address in your application. Be sure to check your spam folder.
- All communication during the process may be used to evaluate you.
- Various assessment tools may be used.
PROOF OF EDUCATION:
- You must provide proof of your education credentials.
- Candidates with foreign education credentials are required to provide proof of Canadian equivalency. Any applicable fees are the responsibility of the candidate.
- Foreign certificates and/or diplomas must be assessed against Canadian education standards. The federal public service will accept any Foreign Educational Credentials as long as they are deemed comparable to Canadian standards, determined by a recognized credential assessment service.
- The Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials (CICIC) assists persons who wish to obtain an assessment of their educational, professional, and occupational credentials by referring them to the appropriate organizations.
- You can access the CICIC website at: https://www.cicic.ca/. This website provides links to a number of Canadian organizations that provide equivalency assessments.
- Original diplomas, degrees or certified transcripts may be required and must be presented upon request.
General questions on how to apply online:
Advertisements over the phone (jobs open to the public)
Preference will be given to veterans first and then to Canadian citizens and permanent residents, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
Information on the preference to veterans
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.