New Job Geomatics Analyst In New Brunswick
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $3,782–$5,286 a month
Location : New Brunswick
Geomatics Analyst - Pay Band 3
NB 9-1-1 Branch
Department of Public Safety
Who we are
The work we do has a positive impact on our communities and helps improve the everyday lives of New Brunswickers. Together, we are over 45,000 New Brunswickers who are passionate problem-solvers, who make a difference and are proud to call New Brunswick home.
The Department of Justice and Public Safety is dedicated to the rule of law, the promotion of the public interest, and the impartial administration of justice and works to improve the safety, security and resiliency of communities and citizens.
The Department of Justice and Public Safety is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the position of Geomatics Analysts with the NB 9-1-1 Branch. The NB 9-1-1 Branch's mandate is to develop, establish, operate and improve the provincial 9-1-1 service. We are focused on delivering the right resources to the right location in the fastest time possible. The Geomatics team provides critical program support to the provincial 911 program and provincial emergency service providers as well as functioning as the Branch's Geo Operations team.
What you will do
Reporting to the Geomatics Manager, the Geomatics Analyst is called upon to provide geomatics engineering services through the production of maps, spatial analysis, and database management for the department. The Geomatics Analyst is also responsible for providing program support to the provincial 911 program and provincial emergency service providers. The Geomatics Analyst may also be relied upon to perform risk assessment to provincial emergency management stakeholders during times of emergency events through intelligence gathering and/or model visualization of real or emerging threats, risks, and/or vulnerabilities.
- Office location: 65 Brunswick Street, Fredericton
- Standard hours of work: Monday - Friday, 8:15-4:30
- We promote a scent-reduced environment.
Who you are
You enjoy being part of a collaborative team working towards common goals. You possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to problem-solve creatively and a knack for technology. You are interested in spearheading projects and reporting back to the team on progress. You can keep calm under pressure, enjoy solving complex challenges, and demonstrate attention to detail. You are concerned for the safety and wellbeing of New Brunswickers.
Your attitude, skills and interests are just as important as your area of study. We are looking for diverse backgrounds that bring a combination of the following:
The successful candidate will possess the following behavioural competencies:
- Analytical Thinking/Judgment
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Relationship/Network Building
- Information Seeking
The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Specialized Subject Matter Expertise
- Ability to Use Office Technology, Software and Applications
- Records and Information Management
Need to have (their essential skills and qualifications):
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Engineering, Computer Science, or similar discipline with specialization in IT, Geography, Geodesy and/or Geomatics
- A minimum of 2 years of progressive experience within a geomatics environment supplemented with geographic information systems and database management experience
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English is required, please state your language capability
Candidates must demonstrate on their applications how they have acquired the education and experience for this position. Your résumé should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
The following operational requirements are also required:
- A valid driver's license to carry out duties throughout the province
- As a condition of employment, the successful applicant will be required to obtain security clearance at the level of SECRET, in accordance with the Government of New Brunswick Security Policy.
Nice to Have (Preference may be given to those candidates that have experience in the following)
- Experience in geomatics programming (especially Python)
- Experience in drone technology (such as ESRI Drone2Map or SiteScan)
- Experience with ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Server and Portal, ArcGIS Online and ESRI's field apps
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
$1,891 to $2,643 bi-weekly
What can GNB offer you?
- Opportunities for career growth, professional development and training.
- Free access to Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and services.
- Comprehensive benefits package and the Public Service Shared Risk Pension Plan.
- 1.25 days/month of paid vacation.
Providing a safe workplace for all. Your health & safety are important to us. GNB has implemented preventative measures across the organization to ensure your health & Safety.
How to apply
Applicants may apply on-line at www.ere.gnb.ca by May 8, 2023indicating competition number R78-2022-23-0652.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve. We encourage and support applications from Aboriginals, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minority groups. Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who are among the most qualified, will be given preference at the time of selection.
Check out what it is like to work at the Government of New Brunswick, where we are working together as One Team One GNB to improve the lives of New Brunswickers every day!
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!
Let's connect. You belong here.