New Job Fuel And Lube Technician In Alberta
|Fuel and Lube Technician|
Fuel and Lube Technician
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Affiliation: CUPE Municipal
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Number of Openings: 1
Bi-weekly Working Hours: 84 hours bi-weekly
Department/ Branch: Public Works, Fleet Services
Job Location: Fort McMurray
Pay Level: PL7
Start Rate*: $ 40.04
Permanent Rate*: $ 46.89 (Permanent rate effective after twelve (12) months of employment)
COLA: Bi-Weekly - $480
Closing Date (dd/mm/yyyy): 23/04/2023
Posting Type: Internal and External
- All CUPE job rates are currently under review and are subject to change.
Under general supervision, the Fuel and Lube Technician is responsible for fueling, lubricating, servicing, and minor maintenance of municipal fleet vehicles, equipment, and assets. The incumbent will work closely with the technicians and the supervisor to assist with repairs.
Perform minor repairs and preventative maintenance including but not limited to oil changes, fluid level checks, filter replacements, oil samples, inspections, cleaning using high pressure washing equipment, and mobile fueling of a wide variety of municipal vehicles, equipment, and assets.
- Perform routine inspection of bulk fuel sites and basic repairs on fuel systems.
- Operate equipment in a safe manner, to perform maintenance requirements.
- Maintain daily records and paperwork detailing condition of vehicles/equipment, and report maintenance problems to the foreman/supervisor.
- Requisition of supplies from internal parts department, as needed.
- Check and maintain assigned vehicle as per schedule and sustain a minimum level of fluids and supplies.
- Assist technicians to perform repairs as requested.
- Adhere to various quality, departmental, environmental and safety regulations and standards.
- Respond to breakdowns and emergency situations, as required in a timely manner.
- Complete field level hazard assessments (FLHAs), Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) documents and incident reports, as necessary.
- Participate actively as a team member and support various health and safety, energy conservation, and operational cost effectiveness and initiatives.
- Provide exceptional customer service to both external and internal clients.
- Perform other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Must be mechanically inclined and skilled in the use of tools and equipment for servicing and repairing a variety of fleet vehicles, equipment, and assets.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and interpret equipment manuals and technical specifications.
- Must be able to demonstrate dependability and reliability.
- Basic computer skills, including the ability to utilize Microsoft Office applications, and fleet maintenance management systems.
- Knowledge and proficiency in applicable occupational health and safety regulations and appropriate use of personal protective equipment.
- Ability to deal courteously and effectively with a diverse range of people, using judgement, tact, and sound decision-making skills, sometimes in conflict situations.
- Works collaboratively and productively with co-workers and actively contributes to team activities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Three (3) years of experience directly related to fuel and lube technician duties in preventative maintenance for fleet vehicles and equipment such as sanders, gravel trucks, loaders, dozers, excavators, compactors, skid steers, graders, and on-road trucks is required.
- Previous experience to include the basic operation of a combination of the above-mentioned equipment.
- Journeyperson certification in the trades of automotive, on-road, on-road/off-road is an asset.
- Formal mechanical or lubrication certification or other formal training/courses with oil monitoring systems are assets.
Ability to provide a Criminal Record Check for review and approval.
- Competency testing may be required as part of the interview process.
- A valid Class Three (3) Operator’s License is required.
- Q-endorsement (Air Brakes) is required.
- Must be willing to work a shift rotation that includes weekends and be flexible to perform duties after regular hours and during holidays as required.
- Must be medically and physically able to perform all duties of the position on an ongoing basis.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- May be exposed to hazardous or unsanitary conditions, therefore, immunizations are recommended.
As an employee of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo, the incumbent is responsible for understanding and actively participating in the RMWB’s health and safety management system, and complying with all policies, practices, and procedures. All employees must take reasonable care to protect the health and safety of themselves and others, as well as immediately report any concerns, near misses, incidents, and hazardous conditions to their supervisor.
To apply: Please visit our website at jobs.rmwb.ca
Current employees must apply through the internal careers site.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals
selected for interviews will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.