New Job Foreman Grade 1 - Aquatics In Manitoba
|Foreman Grade 1 - Aquatics|
Foreman Grade 1 - Aquatics
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Under general supervision of the Supervisor of Arenas and Aquatic Assets and the Foreman Grade 2, the Foreman Grade 1 – Aquatics oversees day to day operation of assigned City facilities including Indoor, Outdoor and Wading Pools.
Responsibilities include setting work objectives and measures for Building Servicers and contractors, assigning tasks, monitoring work progress, and providing feedback on performance and results. The Foreman also oversees facilities’ maintenance and ensures adherence to safety and other relevant organizational procedures.
As the Foreman Grade 1 – Aquatics, you will:
- Inspect various building systems to ensure compliance with various regulations and by-laws.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all Health & Safety at Work legislation, employer’s guidelines and directives that relate to custodial services and ensure all operations are completed in accordance with the requirements.
- Be responsible for vehicles and equipment in completion of tasks.
- Complete various administrative paperwork and computer records as may be required.
- Provide high quality customer service to clients, in person or by telephone, answering general enquiries or responding to general complaints, (311) as required.
- Ensure public and staff safety and continually strives to improve processes and procedures to provide cost effective services of the highest possible quality.
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- Monitor staff progress and quality of work in assigned City of Winnipeg facilities, providing support as required.
- Act in the position of Foreman Grade 2 during periods of extended absence as required.
- Work other duties as required.
Your education and qualifications include:
- Three (3) years’ recent experience (within last five (5) years) as a Building Servicer 2 in Aquatics with relevant technical principles, trade practices and technology.
- Experience in the use of hand and power tools, and all other position-related equipment.
- Ability to effectively use MAXIMO, Metasys and PeopleSoft.
- Ability to supervise, including planning, organizing and directing staff.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to problem solve, make decisions and recommendations.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to deal satisfactorily with the general public and other staff.
- Organizational skills including the ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Verbal communication skills with the ability articulate ideas to a variety of audiences in a clear and effective manner.
- Written communication skills with the ability to prepare reports and maintain accurate records.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Outlook, Word and Maximo or equivalent.
- Knowledge of all regulations and City By-laws as they relate to general facilities’ operation, Manitoba Safety and Health, Swimming Pools and Other Water Recreational Facilities Regulation, the Power Engineer Act, including but not limited to building, fire, and electrical codes.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- Police Information Check (Vulnerable Sector) and Child Abuse Registry Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate, at their expense. To obtain a Police Information Check please visit www.winnipeg.ca/police.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s License. The successful applicant will be required to provide a driver’s notice in force document upon request.
- Must have successfully completed Levels 1, 2 and 3 of the City of Winnipeg’s Foremanship Training Program.
- Must possess a 5th Class Power Engineer’s Certificate. 4th Class Power Engineer’s Certificate would be an asset.
- Must possess a Swimming Pool Operations and Management Certificate or willingness and ability to obtain it within twelve (12) months.
- Must possess a St. John’s Ambulance Emergency First Aid Certificate or equivalent or willingness and ability to obtain it within three (3) months.
- Aquatics operates on a 24 hours per day, 7 days per week basis. Must be able to work various shifts during the week and weekends including, days, evening and overnight. Must be willing and able to move locations per Management direction based on operational needs.
- Must be able to work in a warm humid environment and be free of any respiratory problems or susceptibility to infection which may hamper job performance.
- Must be physically capable of performing all of the duties of the position, in all weather conditions. This includes, but may not be limited to climbing ladders and scaffolds, working at heights and working in confined spaces or in a warm, humid environment.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented