New Job First Nations/Metis/Inuit Candidates - Procurement Coordinator In Ontario
|First Nations/Metis/Inuit Candidates - Procurement Coordinator|
First Nations/Metis/Inuit Candidates - Procurement Coordinator
Company : Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business
Salary : $44,000 a year
Location : Ontario
Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business (CCAB) is a national Indigenous, non-partisan association. Our mission is to promote, strengthen and enhance a prosperous Indigenous economy through the fostering of business relationships, opportunities, and awareness.
CCAB is looking for a Procurement Coordinator to grow Supply Change™ through performing duties that pertain to the initiative and serving as the key contact for Supply Change™ Aboriginal Procurement Marketplace.
Provide administrative support to the Director as needed
- Assisting with member profile development and ongoing use of programs
- Support Certified Aboriginal Businesses (CAB) enrolment into the Marketplace by: Invite suppliers by calling, emails, and completing with follow ups
- Provide Orientation sessions to the CAB’s. Keep existing profiles up to date with relevant information as required
- Assist with Marketplace newsfeed to help our members businesses grow
- Collaborate with Marketing/Communications when RFIs are posted to publish to CCAB social media
- Participate at relevant Indigenous events in order to liaise with CCAB members to utilize the marketplace to its full capacity
- Support engagement sessions with current marketplace members to understand barriers, challenges, and frustrations
- Attract new members at events, engage and retain existing members
- Research CAB companies and initiate conversations between them
- Provide excellent customer service for CCAB Members
- Perform other related duties as assigned
This is a 1-year contract, Full-time position with hours from 9am – 5pm, Monday through Friday. Hybrid position within Toronto & the surrounding area.
We require applications from qualified First Nations, Inuit and Métis people at this time.
Information regarding CCAB is available at www.ccab.com
Please note: You must be registered, or be eligible to register with, Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training in order to be considered for this opportunity. Potential candidates must also reside in the GTA.
We thank all applicants in advance however only those invited to be interviewed will be contacted. Please no telephone calls.
- Self-Identify as First Nations, Metis, or Inuit
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Previous work experience in administration
- Willing to travel to CCAB events to meet and engage with clients
- Research and data collection skills
- Experience collaborating with Indigenous communities
- Phone and public forum experience i.e., trade show booths
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite software including, Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
Our mission is to foster sustainable business relations between First Nations, Inuit and Métis people and Canadian Business. CCAB builds bridges between Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal peoples, businesses, and communities through diverse programming, providing tools, training, network building, major business awards, and national events.