New Job First Nations/Metis/Inuit - Department Administrator (12 Month Contract), Remote Career Opportunity In Manitoba
|First Nations/Metis/Inuit - Department Administrator (12 Month Contract), Remote Career Opportunity|
First Nations/Metis/Inuit - Department Administrator (12 Month Contract), Remote Career Opportunity
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Requisition ID: 176250
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Posted pursuant to Scotiabank’s Special Program under the Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Rights Act.
While you must be an Indigenous person in order to submit your resume, participation is completely voluntary. Please use the definition below to make sure you’re eligible and open to self-identifying as Indigenous person:
Indigenous peoples include status, non-status First Nation, Métis and Inuit people. Only those Indigenous peoples who come from Canada should identify themselves as belonging to this designated group
Purpose of Job:
Contributes to the overall success of the department by ensuring administrative tasks are executed in an expeditious and professional manner, and completed in line with the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Provide high quality administrative support to five Vice Presidents in the Retail & Small Business Risk Canada team, requiring discretion, confidentiality, attention to detail, and knowledge of the organization. Responsibilities include:
- Arrange and schedule complex meetings with multiple and/or external stakeholders, anticipating conflicts and providing solutions
- Monitor, review, and obtain executive approval for standard expenditures to ensure the activities of the departments are conducted within established budgets. Prepare and submit expense reports, in line with Expense Policies.
- Coordinate and book travel for Executives as needed. Make travel arrangements (flights, hotels, and transportation) and coordinate schedules during travel.
- Complete all duties in a timely and professional manner, proactively communicating with Executives and stakeholders.
Coordinate activities for the successful onboarding of new employees to the Retail & Small Business Risk Canada team
- Oversight of Risk Collaboration Hub & Approval Tool to ensure users are adhering to standards, procedures, and guidelines and inputs are completed to a high degree of accuracy
- Support the successful execution of specific projects by completing administrative activities including:
- Attend internal coordination and project meetings and document meeting minutes, as required
- Communicate with team members and stakeholders, request and follow-up on information
- Other duties as required to support the effective operations of the Retail & Small Business Credit Risk Canada team
Be an approachable presence in the department, assisting department members as needed, contributing to the overall success of the department.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
Experience providing administrative support and working with Executives
- Experience with department administration and coordination
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio) and Microsoft Teams
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, works well in a team environment
- Strong time management and organization skills, high level of attention to detail
- High level of discretion required when dealing with confidential matters
- Willing and excited to learn new processes and tools
Location(s): Canada : Manitoba : Winnipeg || Canada : Alberta : Calgary || Canada : Alberta : Edmonton || Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : Ontario : Windsor
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.