New Job First Nations/Metis/Inuit Candidates - Human Resources Coordinator (1-Year, Maternity Leave) In Ontario
|First Nations/Metis/Inuit Candidates - Human Resources Coordinator (1-Year, Maternity Leave)
First Nations/Metis/Inuit Candidates - Human Resources Coordinator (1-Year, Maternity Leave)
Company : Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business
Salary : $44,000 a year
Location : Ontario
Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business (CCAB) is a national Indigenous, non-partisan association. Our mission is to promote, strengthen and enhance a prosperous Indigenous economy through the fostering of business relationships, opportunities, and awareness.
The primary focus for the Human Resources Coordinator will be to support the Human Resources Director and CCAB’s employees. The individual in this role will be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day administrative aspects within the team. CCAB is looking for an individual who is enthusiastic about supporting employee engagement, career growth, recruitment and enhancing our HRIS system management.
The Human Resources Coordinator will be responsible for:
Providing administrative support for all Human Resources systems with a focus in the areas of database management (Data entry in our Dayforce, payroll and other online HR programs)
- Full cycle of the recruitment process from completing a needs analysis to hiring
- Booking training & development sessions
- Assisting our employees for the best outcome when providing human resources support to them
- Organizing, maintaining the recruitment, and onboarding programs
- Responsible for the Accounts Payable (AP) for all invoices within the HR Budget
- Perform other related duties of a comparable level/type as assigned
This position is open to Indigenous candidates (First Nations, Inuit, or Métis) who reside in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying for this position, however you will only be contacted if your candidacy is being considered. CCAB is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process.
If you require an accommodation when asked for an interview, please advise us in advance of our meeting.
For more information about Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business, visit: www.ccab.com
- Self-Identify as First Nations, Metis, or Inuit
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Previous experience (2 years) in human resources is required
- Completion of Human Resources certificate or working towards completion is essential
- Ability to show empathy and passion in different situations
- Strong computer skills are required; demonstrated knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office suite
- including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Good judgement, confidential, tact and the ability to collaborate easily with different employee needs professionally is necessary
- Strong interest in building your human resources career
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse cultures is an asset
- Established connections within the Aboriginal business community and non-profit are an asset
- Bilingual English and French is an asset
Our mission is to foster sustainable business relations between First Nations, Inuit and Métis people and Canadian Business. CCAB builds bridges between Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal peoples, businesses, and communities through diverse programming, providing tools, training, network building, major business awards, and national events.