New Job Financial Coordinator In Ontario
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $62,595–$72,565 a year
Location : Ontario
Legal Aid Ontario employees are committed to making a difference in the lives of our clients.
As an integral partner in the Justice system, working at Legal Aid Ontario is more than just a job. It's an opportunity to help people who need it the most; to ensure each client receives the access to justice afforded to them under the law.
If you are looking for a new challenge in your already meaningful career with a team dedicated to justice, and innovation in a flexible and supportive work environment consider this opportunity below.
The Financial Coordinator is responsible for overseeing, reviewing, coordinating and administering the financial records, systems and processes related to insurance applications, professional membership fees and liability insurance invoices. The position reviews and processes all new applications for insurance and ensures accuracy and completeness. In addition, the position prepares and distributes insurance policy documents to clinics upon approval.
Home Location: Provincial Office - Toronto
Other Locations: N/A
Reporting to: Chief Financial Officer
- Ensure timely, effective and accurate record keeping
- Ensure appropriate policies, procedures and processes with respect to financial transactions are followed
- Collection, processing payment & file maintenance of Law Society of Upper Canada (LSUC) Annual Membership Fee invoices and Professional Liability Insurance invoices of solicitor employees
- Reimbursement and recovery of professional dues from solicitor employees and for solicitors on temporary leave of absence or upon employment termination
- Monthly amortization of professional dues
- Clinic Insurance (Directors and Officers, Errors and Omissions, Property and General Commercial Liability, Business Travel Accident) renewals, payments, and claims
- LAO Corporate Insurance (Directors and Officers, Business Travel Accidents) renewals, payments, and claims
- Process cancellations and refunds in a timely and accurate manner
- Investigate and resolve customer inquires and complaints in professional and courteous manner.
- Maintain confidentiality of private information and records
- Perform other duties assigned
Required skills & experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Undergraduate degree in business, insurance, or quantitative discipline
- Demonstrated knowledge of insurance policies, financial analysis, accounting theories, principles and practices for public sector organizations, to lead the collection, processing payments, and renewal of insurance policies
- 2 to 3 years in an insurance industry, financial analysis and problem solving.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with aptitude to learn new software and systems.
- Knowledge in project management principles and methodologies to manage the delivery of insurance policies renewals, and LSUC annual membership files.
- Analytical and problem solving skills to produce findings and solutions for insurance policies
- Expertise in interpreting and applying knowledge of regulations/legislation/directives to provide advice on insurance policies and amortization of professional dues
Legal Aid Ontario values integrity, respect, responsiveness, excellence, independence, accountability, openness and consistency. Our recruitment process reflects our commitment to diversity and inclusion. Accommodations are available upon request.
Legal Aid Ontario encourages applicants from equity seeking groups, including but not limited to individuals who are First Nations, Inuit or Métis descent, persons with disabilities, women, members of racialized communities and the 2SLGBTQ+ community. We recognize the value of diversity, equity and inclusion and are committed to addressing systemic barriers, and attracting and retaining diverse staff. All interested and eligible people will be considered, with due consideration to all protected grounds under the Ontario Human Rights Code.