New Job Executive Assistant To Member Of The Executive Leadership Team In British Columbia
|Executive Assistant to Member of the Executive Leadership Team|
Executive Assistant to Member of the Executive Leadership Team
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $29.03–$41.73 an hour
Location : British Columbia
In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of Island Health (Vancouver Island Health Authority), patient and staff safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Using significant initiative, sound judgement and autonomy, the Executive Assistant provides senior administrative and confidential support to the assigned Executive Leadership Team (ELT) member and other members of the portfolio as required.
Reporting to the assigned ELT member, the Executive Assistant responsibilities include triaging information for the attention of the ELT member, organizing workflow for the office, determining priorities, composing draft correspondence, documents, presentations, orientation packages and spreadsheets.
In addition, the Executive Assistant interfaces with stakeholders at all levels including senior members of both internal and external organizations/agencies and senior representatives from both public and private sectors to support the ELT member's office in a fast-paced environment, often under significant pressure. The Executive Assistant maintains integrity and confidentiality of all information which flows through, and is processed for the VP office as it pertains to operations, personnel, labour relations, finance, public affairs and privacy issues.
Education, Training And Experience
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a 2-year post secondary program in office or business administration and 5 to 7 years' related experience, including executive support, in a large complex organization, preferably in the health care sector.
Skills And Abilities
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Cliff, Adobe Acrobat, SharePoint and Visio
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to deal with a variety of people both internal and external to the organization including senior members of the organization and the Board and government officials
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion in preparing, disclosing and managing information of a confidential and/or sensitive nature
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A proven ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with a variety of disciplines to produce high quality and timely work while fostering and maintaining positive working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions under pressure; aptitude to be proactive working with minimal direction
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position
LEADS in a Caring Environment Framework: https://www.leadscanada.net/site/framework