New Job Estate And Trust Consultant - Montreal In Quebec
|Estate and Trust Consultant - Montreal|
Estate and Trust Consultant - Montreal
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Requisition ID: 172745
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of Scotiatrust in the Quebec Market ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
The Scotiatrust Estate & Trust Consultant is a key member of the Scotiatrust team, providing clients with a premium wealth management experience. As part of an innovative team-based approach to wealth management, the successful candidate will work to deepen and strengthen client relationships by providing clients with customized, needs-driven solutions, leveraging the full suite of "Total Wealth" products andservices. Proactively leveraging business development strategies, working in partnership with other advisors and centres of influence, generating new opportunities to support a holistic approach to exceeding our client expectations, and earning the business will be the key to your success in this role.
- Partnering with Scotiabank & Scotia Wealth Management advisors to meet with HNW clients and prospects, creating a positive experience for the client and the advisor, adding value by providing estate and trust solutions by preparing high level estate plans and highlighting appropriate, needs based estate planning strategies and solutions as well as other Wealth opportunities
- Delivering Scotiatrust’s estate planning, trusts and philanthropic advice, including liaising with the client’s lawyer and other external advisors
- Business Development; marketing and promoting appropriate Scotiatrust products and services. Recognizing opportunities for partners and clients for Total Wealth solutions such as financial planning, business succession, investments, private banking and insurance opportunities
- Develop and strengthen relationships and build new relationships with clients, partners, centres of influence, networking and other business development opportunities
2. Play key risk management role by:
- Being responsible and accountable for always doing the right thing for clients and ensuring that actions and behaviours drive a positive client experience while operating within the relevant policiesand guidelines established for the role
- Supporting Scotia Wealth offices with technical expertise and staying current on industry developments
3. Contribute to the effective functioning of the team by:
- Participating actively in team learning development activities and team performance achievements
- Building effective working relationships with various business lines and corporate function contacts
- Coaching and mentoring Associate Estate & Trust Consultants
- Facilitating a culture of open and honest communication
- Actively participating and contributing to touch bases and team meetings
- Encouraging the generation of new ideas and approaches
- Actively sharing knowledge and experience to enhance the development of all team members
- Developing and executing a meaningful employee development plan
4. Additional Accountabilities
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
- Creates an environment in which their team pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, which ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment
Education / Experience / Other Information
- University Degree in Law would be an asset
- Minimum 3 years wealth planning experience
- Lawyer or Notary with experience in wills and Estate planning would be an asset
- Preferred member of STEP, TEP designation an asset
- Bilingual in English and French
- Background and experience in estate, trust, or financial planning
- In-depth experience dealing with HNW clients and their advisors
- In-depth knowledge and technical proficiency related to wealth and estate planning strategies such as insurance, tax, family and charity law, and business succession
Pursuant to a language needs assessment conducted by Scotiabank, the successful candidate will be required to be able to communicate in English in addition to French because they will serve and English-speaking clientele.
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.