New Job Equipment Operator In Saskatchewan
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $24.11–$30.21 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
The Ministry of Highways is seeking a highly motivated term Equipment Operator for the Findlater Section within the Operation and Maintenance Division. You will be part of a team responsible for the operation and general maintenance of the provincial transportation network consisting of roads and highways.
The Ministry is committed to providing an integrated transportation system supporting economic growth and prosperity for Saskatchewan citizens. Safety is one of our core values and is part of who we are.
To qualify for this position, you will possess a valid Class 1A license. If you are invited to attend an interview for this position you will be required to provide a current driver abstract.
In this position, you will:
- Work together as a team to create a healthy and safe work environment;
- Ensure the safety of the travelling public through surveillance and general maintenance activities;
- Operate, service, and maintain heavy equipment, such as tandem trucks (with specialized attachments), motor graders, and front-end loaders to perform summer and winter maintenance;
- Operate advanced hydraulic control systems for the plow, wing, and sander while maintaining control of a tandem snowplow during a snowstorm;
- Keep daily records including hours of operation, pre-trip inspections, and materials used;
- Be willing and able to work under physically and mentally demanding conditions such as physical labour, heavy lifting, and stressful situations;
- Be approachable and flexible, self-motivated to complete tasks, adaptable to changing work situations, and must work well in an inclusive and diverse environment;
- Possess basic computer skills in order to manage email, enter and submit timecards/expense claims; and
- Work flexible hours.
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- A high level of situational awareness;
- The ability to make critical and crucial decisions in all weather conditions that affect the traveling public;
- The ability to work under extreme and changing weather conditions; and
- The ability to contribute to the team in a positive manner.
Benefits of this positions include:
- The opportunity to work with new and advanced technologies and equipment;
- Consistent year-round employment;
- Guaranteed wage throughout the winter;
- Home most nights;
- Hours of work are averaged 37-1/3 hours per week with an Earned Day Off every three weeks;
- Employer paid health and dental benefits; and
- Opportunity for training and leadership development.