New Job Dispatcher In New Brunswick
Company : Moncton Flight College
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
Built upon nearly 90 years of innovation and growth, MFC Training is Canada's largest private flight school. An industry leader, MFC Training operates teaching facilities in both Fredericton and Moncton, New Brunswick. In training the world's newest flight crews, it is essential to ensure the highest level of safety and quality in maintaining the College's fleet of aircraft.
MFC Training is currently looking for a Dispatcher to join our team in Fredericton, NB.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate scheduling of aircraft with maintenance department and flight operations staff
- Dispatch and release aircraft for all training and rental flights
- Radio communication and monitoring of daily flights
- Flight following of aircraft as required, see Flight Training Operations Manual
- Respond in timely manner to any aircraft occurrences, adhering to Emergency Response Manual
- Monitoring weather conditions, update hourly weather details
- Coordinate and record fuel shipments and daily inspections
- Distribute and maintain oil inventory
- Distribute tools necessary for flight preparation: Canadian Flight Supplements, Fuel strainers, measuring gauges, etc.
- Enter all daily flights into Aircraft Journey Logbooks
- Record daily statistics on aircraft activity
- Coordinate activity on ramp when aircraft are parked
- Secure aircraft at close, or in IFR conditions
- Over the counter sales of Pilot accessories
- Collection of payments from students, rental pilots and other payments as required (ie, fuel)
- Monitor and record cancellations for flight operations senior staff
- Opening and securing of building and classrooms on a daily basis
- Responsible for answering calls and performing follow up as required
- General cleaning/sanitization when required
- Balance daily float and verify shift reports
- Update, maintain, and/or improve aircraft and operational checklists where necessary
- Communicate and coordinate across multiple base locations as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have demonstrated ability for quick thinking, sound judgement, and adaptability
- Proven ability to work under pressure
- Ability to receive and apply performance feedback
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Currently hold a Type B dispatch licence or have successfully written the Transport Canada dispatch generic exams are an asset, but it is not a prerequisite
- Currently hold an Industry Canada Restricted Radio certificate would be an asset
What we offer:
- Personal travel privileges with PAL
- RRSP Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee and Family Assistance Programs
CLOSING DATE: Applications will be accepted until April 25, 2023.
MFC Training is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment that celebrates and encourages diversity, equity, and inclusion whereby individuals are recognized, supported, and respected. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.