New Job Director Of Finance (Ft) In Saskatchewan
|Director of Finance (FT)|
Director of Finance (FT)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
The City of Melville is committed to providing service excellence for residents and supporting the growth and well-being of employees. As a progressive employer, the City recognizes that work-life balance is essential to help employees integrate their work and personal lives effectively. We provide flexibility and leniency in commuting, caregiving, volunteering, and continuing education.
This position is a 35-hour week full-time position. The City of Melville is offering a 4-day workweek option to all employees (Currently a one-year trial program).
A hybrid work environment can be negotiated for the right candidate.
- Recommend financial policies to Council.
- Implement financial policies approved by Council.
- Provide financial reporting and forecasting.
- Develop internal controls and short and long-range financial budgets.
- Work in coordination with the Administration and Assessment Manager to oversee all financial operations.
- Attend and participate in Council meetings, Council committee meetings, and other meetings as determined by the City Manager.
- Preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets.
- Act as a consultant to Council and its committees as required.
- Prepare all financial reports and public accounts as required by The Cities Act.
- The ability to establish, analyze, and audit financial records are essential.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports for presentation to Council and the Management Team
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal relations and the ability to deal with difficult situations tactfully and diplomatically to ensure consistent application of policies/procedures and bylaws.
- Ability to deliver quality customer service.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with other senior staff and elected officials.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office; specifically Microsoft Excel.
- A commerce/business or management degree/certification with a major in accounting or finance along with a minimum of five years of directly related experience in progressively more responsible positions. Lower experience levels may be considered where an individual possesses a recognized accounting designation.
- A professional accounting designation (CPA, CMA, CGA) is considered an asset.
- Three to five years of previous experience in a municipal government setting
- Must maintain a clear criminal record check and be bondable.
- Desired Local
- Government Administration or other related coursework in municipal government operations and financing.
- Formal training in computer operations, information systems, project management, and general office administration.
Salary & Benefits:
- The City of Melville offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Detailed information, such as the position description, and the organizational chart will be forwarded upon request.
- We offer a 4-day work week with the opportunity of a hybrid work environment of in-office and remote work.
For a detailed job description visit http://melville.ca/p/employment-opportunities