New Job Customer Service Representative - Impound Lot In Alberta
|Customer Service Representative - Impound Lot|
Customer Service Representative - Impound Lot
Company : City of Calgary
Salary : $29.41–$39.30 an hour
Location : Alberta
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary . City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance, promote physical and psychological safety, and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits . Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
The City is committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace which is representative of the community we serve. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and reconciliation. Applications are encouraged from members of groups that are historically disadvantaged and underrepresented. Accommodations are available during the hiring process, upon request.
As the Customer Service Representative – Impound Lot, you will provide customer service for citizens wishing to claim vehicles that have been seized, determine the status of the vehicle to ensure the vehicle can be released, confirm the identity of individuals claiming the vehicle, acquire copies of appropriate identification with release documents and collect all outstanding fees associated with vehicle impoundment. You will also answer inquiries about parking permits, parking tags, and appeals. Primary duties include:
Enter record of impoundment of seized vehicles.
Release of vehicles and contents to owners. Verify proper identification, process payments for vehicle and reconcile cash balances daily.
Receive and reconcile parking tag payments and Park Plus account payments. Verify tag validity as well as the current balance.
Receive and gather documents for tag appeals and parking permit requests.
Respond to phone inquiries from the contact centre.
Support the operations with various daily tasks.
- A High School Diploma or equivalency (e.g. GED) with at least 1 year of customer service experience.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) is required.
- Experience working with the general public including people from various cultural backgrounds.
- iLot procedure experience (Data entry, Releasing vehicles, Market Permit Procedure, RPP Procedure) with strong customer service experience will be considered assets.
- You demonstrate strong teamwork, communication and customer service skills, and the ability to work with diverse members of the public.
- Success in this role requires a high attention to detail; the ability to problem solve; strong organizational skills; and the ability to multitask in a busy environment.
Applicants will be tested for appropriate skills.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Union: CUPE Local 38
Business Unit: Mobility
Position Type: 1 Permanent
Location: 400 39 Avenue SE
Compensation: Pay Grade 5 $29.41 - 39.30 per hour
Days of Work: This position works various days;
evenings and weekend shift work is required.
Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work week
Apply By: April 18, 2023
Job ID #: 307453