New Job Coordinator, Mayor & Council Office (Up To A 14 Month Contract) In Ontario
|Coordinator, Mayor & Council Office (up to a 14 Month Contract)|
Coordinator, Mayor & Council Office (up to a 14 Month Contract)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $60,225–$73,806 a year
Location : Ontario
The Town of Caledon is a dynamic municipality that successfully balances urban, rural, and agricultural communities. Our energetic staff are guided by our core values that create an environment for continuous improvement and customer service excellence.
In addition to offering exciting career opportunities, the Town also provides a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Come see how you can make a difference.
Reporting directly to the Chief of Staff, this role is responsible for providing executive and highly confidential support to Mayor and Members of Council, coordination and drafting of both written and digital communication for Mayor and Council, collaborating in the development and implementation of public engagement initiatives and assisting in corporate events. Liaise with Senior staff on council/constituent matters. This role also researches and tracks emerging community issues and tracks and prepares financial claims for Members of Council
As the Coordinator, Mayor & Council Office, you will perform the following duties, including but not limited to:
- Executing calendar management and developing meeting agendas for Members of Council, including but not limited to meetings with many levels of government, constituents, stakeholders, internal staff, business owners etc.
- Attend to inquiries from Members of Council, including conducting extensive research on requested matters internally and externally, as well as responding to telephone, email and in person inquires from internal and external stakeholders
- Produce engaging and timely social media campaigns and content for multiple social media platforms for the Mayor and Members of Council, at the same time as reviewing, tracking and reporting on social media analytics.
- Coordinate Council initiated public relations activities, special events, economic development initiatives, community engagement initiatives and business events
- Reporting out communications to many levels of government, community groups, and residents
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking an enthusiastic professional with a post-secondary degree/diploma in Business Administration, Communications, or Political Science or a closely related field. Our ideal candidate has 2 – 3 years’ experience in office coordination and administration and 2 – 3 years related experience in communications, social media coordination and event coordination.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills involving ingenuity and refinement of procedures. We are seeking an individual with superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to give, obtain and exchange information with political astuteness and diplomacy.
The successful candidate for Coordinator, Mayor & Council Office will be required to work a flexible schedule, including in the office, remotely and after hours (as required).
This position offers a salary range of $60,225.23 - $73,805.67.
Satisfactory passing of a criminal record check, and proof of qualifications will be required of any successful candidate(s) for this position.
The Town is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The Town is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace. If your application requires accommodation, please contact People Services at (905) 584-2272 Ext. 4738.