New Job Commercial Operations Manager - Quebec, Atlantic (Role Location: Montreal) In Quebec
|Commercial Operations Manager - Quebec, Atlantic (Role location: Montreal)
Commercial Operations Manager - Quebec, Atlantic (Role location: Montreal)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
What You Need To Know
Open your future to incredible career potential. Work for an industry leader who invests in their people. Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits is North America’s preeminent wine and spirits distributor, as well as a family-owned, privately held company with a 50+ year legacy of success. We were named by Newsweek as a Most Loved Workplace and are included on the Forbes lists for Largest Private Companies and Best Employers for Diversity.
As a full-time employee, you will be eligible for our Top Shelf Benefits, including comprehensive medical and prescription drug coverage, dental and vision plans, disability coverage, life insurance plans, and an RRSP plan. We also offer wellness initiatives, parental leave, vacation accrual, paid sick leave, and more.
At Southern Glazer’s, you’ll enjoy an environment where continuous learning and growth are supported and experience a culture where you are respected, and your voice is heard. If you’re looking to fill your glass with opportunity, come join our FAMILY.
Achieve individual, team, and organizational quotas by leveraging sales strategies within an operational service function.
- Responsible for the coaching, training, and development of direct reports to drive commercial performance, grow market share and build talent pipeline
- Stay apprised of federal and provincial laws affecting the beverage/alcohol industry within regional responsibility
- Assign sales quotas and ensure the firm’s financial objectives are optimally allocated to all resources
- Develop KPIs and track and report key commercial, operational, and financial metrics
- Oversee Regional P&L, annual budget planning and the Latest Estimate (LE) management process
- Coordinate sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes
- Work with the sales team to execute Route-to-Market strategies
- Develop standardized reporting tools, methodologies, and business analysis processes
- Responsible for leading all internal and external market visits
Additional Primary Responsibilities
- Identify opportunities for sales regional process improvement
- Prioritize investments in enabling technologies in support of direct sales organization productivity
- Gather and analyze demand forecast data from the replenishment system and actual sales results from the previous period from the commercial system
- Facilitate functional partnership meetings amongst all stakeholders to develop a final consensus forecast
- Collect specific supplier intelligence including new item introductions and field initiatives from Marketing and Operations
- Calculate forecast accuracy monthly against consensus and demand forecasts
- Calculate the impact of sales and operations process to the balance sheet and Profit and Loss through various Sales and Operational Metrics
- Create monthly process inefficiencies and benefit assessment report for Senior Management to consider and make business actions
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related discipline and five years of experience analyzing financial, sales and operations data in consumer goods
- 5 years minimum of leadership experience managing a team of 2 or more people
- 5 years minimum of industry-related sales experience within the distribution, hospitality, or supplier community
- Comprehensive understanding of wine and spirits to include regions/varietals, product/food pairing techniques, basic production, and service
- Physical demands with activity or condition for a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or adding machine
- Physical demands with activity or condition may include occasional to the rare amount of time include walking, bending, reaching, standing, and stooping
- May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 20lbs
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits, an Affirmative Action/EEO employer, prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits provides competitive compensation based on estimated performance level consistent with the past relevant experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and education of employees. Unless otherwise expressly stated, any pay ranges posted here are estimates from outside of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits and do not reflect Southern Glazer's pay bands or ranges.