New Job Collections Coordinator In New Brunswick
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $3,464–$4,836 a month
Location : New Brunswick
Kings Landing Corporation
Contract (9 months)
Who we are
You are invited to join the Heritage Resource department at Kings Landing as the Collections Coordinator. Kings Landing is a world-class living history museum located on the Saint John River and one of the top visitor attractions in New Brunswick.
Operated by Kings Landing Corporation, Kings Landing was created over a period from 1967 to 1974. The Historical Settlement depicts and interprets life in rural New Brunswick in the 19th century. For 48 years, over 3.5 million guests have come to experience history brought to life within a 300-acre site with over 70 historic buildings and through a priceless collection of over 99,000 historical objects.
What you will do
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Heritage Resources the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Data entry
- Condition reports
- Insect Pest Management
- Packing and unpacking artifacts
- Location updates
- Rehousing objects for proper storage
- Constructing storage mounts
- Artifact research
- Preventive conservation
- Cataloguing and numbering objects
- Cleaning artifacts
- Cleaning storage
- Picking up new acquisitions and delivering loans
- Photographing collections
- Performing other duties as assigned
- In season hours are scheduled from Wednesday through Sunday, 36.25 hours per week. Off-season hours are Monday through Friday, 36.25 hours per week. Weekend, evening work and variable hours may be required.
- Dressing in period costume in season, and during programs, events and tours.
Who you are
Your attitude, skills and interests are just as important as your area of study. We are looking for diverse backgrounds that bring a combination of the following:
Need to have
- Completion of grade 12, plus completion of a recognized post-secondary program, degree or diploma in a related field
- Minimum of three (3) years related work experience in museum studies
- Experience and knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered
- Written and spoken competence in English is required
Nice to have
- Experience in working with databases
- Strong teamwork, communications and problem-solving skills
$1,732.00 to $2,418.00 bi-weekly (Pay Band 2)
What can GNB offer you?
- Comprehensive benefits package and the Public Service Shared Risk Pension Plan
- Opportunities for career growth, professional development and training
- Free access to Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and services
Providing a safe workplace for all. Your health and safety are important to us. GNB has implemented preventative measures across the organization to ensure your health and safety.
How to apply
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by e-mail to [email protected] or by mail at the following address by 12:00 noon on May 5, 2023, indicating competition number R18 2023/2024-15 This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Kings Landing Corporation
5804 Route 102
Prince William, NB
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve. We encourage and support applications from Aboriginals, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minority groups.
Check out what it is like to work at the Government of New Brunswick, where we are working together as One Team One GNB to improve the lives of New Brunswickers every day!