New Job Cloud Platform Engineer In Ontario
|Cloud Platform Engineer|
Cloud Platform Engineer
Company : EY
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
The Digital & Emerging Technology team works collaboratively with clients to transform their business through disruptive innovation enablement and transformational design solutions. The team supports our clients in modernizing systems, processes and products to enhance business and customer-facing platforms and services to support high performance in a rapidly changing and competitive environment. Our team helps clients sustain competitive advantage and profitability by developing technology strategies, products, and solutions to stay ahead of the rapid pace of change and disruption and supporting the execution of complex transformations.
We are looking for a Platform Engineer Lead who has worked with modern software solutions and cloud-based Solutions. While our teams primary focus is within the financial services industries, you will have opportunities to support other sectors including healthcare, private sector, and government clients.
Your key responsibilities
You will focus on the design, customization and optimization of Digital and Cloud-based solutions. You will work with clients to pursue and deliver digital engagements and solutions that will bring our clients’ digital vision and strategy to life.
Your knowledge of Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Microsoft Azure will help you to support delivery and execution of the services that EY’s Cloud Practice provides. An important part of your role will be to actively establish internal and external relationships, executing on cloud security assessments, and supporting cloud implementations.
Skills and attributes for success
You have familiarity and experience leading teams operating in complex tech organizations that work with several products at scale and make use of agile methodologies and tools
- You have demonstrated strong leadership skills while working with engineers
- You love growing and developing people
- Working in project teams through agreed upon phases of project governance, requirements definition, vendor selection, risk analysis, customization, testing, training and rollout of a client's project lifecycle
- Teaming with client technology professionals, and third-party strategic alliances
- Developing long-term relationships and networks both internally and externally
- Interacting and communicating effectively with teammates, clients, stakeholders, and executives
- Demonstrating teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and staying abreast of IT trends relevant to client's business
- Willingness to continue developing technical capabilities in areas such as digital technology
- Ability to deliver presentations and demonstrations to project stake holders
- Ability to balance project technical goals and project timelines and articulate pros and cons of ideas and solution approaches
To qualify for the role you must have
Knowledge and hands-on experience with key components of cloud strategy such as network & infrastructure security, access and identity management, threat detection, incident response, vulnerability management, security governance, risk and compliance, security architecture, data protection and others.
- Bachelor's degree (Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Mathematics) or related experience
- 5+ years of Cloud or DevOps experience
- Practical experience with packaging tools like Helm charts
- Experience with application on boarding to kubernetes or OpenShift platform
- Practical experience with technologies like Jenkins pipelines, Tekton, knative or serverless, and Service Mesh or Istio
- Practical experience building kubernetes operators
- Hands on experience designing and implementing microservices
- A strong understanding of on-premises Cloud based hosting (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- A deep understanding of system performance and security hardening
- Ability to analyze current infrastructure and provide paths forward for improvement.
- Ability to automate tasks from infrastructure creation to software build artifacts to multi-system complex deployment pipelines (scripting, CI/CD, Jenkins, deployment orchestration)
- An understanding of DevOps best practices and implementing them
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills, coupled with a strong interest in further developing and integrating enterprise business processes with technology skills
- Knowledge of benchmarking, peer company environments and prior consulting experience relevant to industry-specific business and technology functions
- Experience leading multiple engineering teams and projects simultaneously
- A proven track record of building and managing high performing engineering teams
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Certification in one of the following areas: Red Hat OpenShift, AWS, Azure, GCP or IBM Cloud
- Prior consulting experience highly preferred
What we look for
We’re interested in intellectually curious people, with a genuine passion for finding and implementing innovative ways to nurture growth. You’ll also need excellent communication and negotiation skills, as well as the ability to express big ideas to senior leaders, often without technical backgrounds. If you’re ready to take a leadership role in a team that’s poised to take the industry by storm, this role is for you
What we offer
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.