New Job Cloud Engineer, Scotia Digital (Vancouver Hub) In British Columbia
|Cloud Engineer, Scotia Digital (Vancouver Hub)|
Cloud Engineer, Scotia Digital (Vancouver Hub)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Requisition ID: 176239
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Scotiabank has embarked on the journey to modernize both development platforms and practices. One of the main areas of transformation is the public cloud and the various platform technologies that support both development and operations on the cloud. The aim is to provide a streamlined process and framework which will allow the development teams to focus on building business logic. We are looking to expand our cloud engineering team with influencer, makers, creators and industry leaders who will drive us forward.
About the role
We are looking for an energetic and results-driven Senior Cloud Engineer who is passionate about technology and is excited to play a key role in advancing the bank on its cloud strategy by leading the technical design and adoption of native cloud platform products and services for the broad enterprise use. Our mission is to enable our business and technology partners to leverage the cloud capabilities and compute power to drive business insights.
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
- Leading the design of cloud platform products and services to enable safe enterprise-wide use of cloud common functionality.
- Provide technical oversight in designing, implementing and refactoring code in accordance with bank security and compliance standards.
- Ensuring software products and services are developed and/or configured to scale and meet high availability, integrity and reliability, security and compliance requirements.
- Collaborate with technology partners and technical product managers to understand interdependencies, and common patterns and lead the design of a platform made of reusable and configurable capabilities.
- Ensure compliancy with Enterprise Architecture best practices, Service Reliability and Release Management Processes and prepare documentation or presentations as required.
- Research and recommend enhancements to the technical solution design based on new and emerging technologies that are consistent with Scotiabank's Technology and Business Roadmap.
- Lead pilot projects for the development of new products and services and coaching teams to build from scratch based on latest technology best practices.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Enthusiasm for cloud transformation, cloud platform and services development
- Expertise in cloud platforms, services and capabilities (Google, Microsoft Azure, GKE, PCF).
- Breadth of technology and language experience, excellent coding practices (Microservices, Event Streaming, Databases, Cryptography, Kubernetes, Java Spring Boot, Python, C++)
- Full understanding of Software Development lifecycle, service reliability and release process
- Focus on scalable, enterprise-level software system design (both code and infrastructure levels)
- Strong problem-solving skills to rapidly assess problem situations and recommend alternate solutions to effectively resolve complex problems.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills; ability to effectively liaise with business and strategic technology partners and internal technical engineering and operational support teams
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities– for you and our customers
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.