New Job Cloud Engineer In Nova Scotia
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
As one of the largest professional services firms in Atlantic Canada, Mariner has a team of 200+ management and technology consultants working with our public and private sector clients throughout Atlantic Canada and beyond. Our team delivers specific strengths in the areas of digital transformation, digital health, organizational change management, and in key technical areas including cybersecurity, IT infrastructure, BI & Analytics.
The Cloud Engineer will lead Architecture, Design, and Implementation activities for large scale Azure hybrid cloud deployments in the Azure Public Cloud. He/she will work with extended team of infrastructure architects, data architects, and software architects to build solutions for Mariner's clients in public sector, utilities, telecommunications, and other industrial sectors.
The Cloud Engineer will provide architectural leadership and mentorship both within Mariner, and within our clients' technical teams.
This role is a Consultant position. The successful candidate will be well versed in all phases of the consulting cycle from pre-sales through the design and delivery. He/she will be comfortable presenting complex technical concepts at an appropriate level for a wide range of audiences (technical, management, and executive).
The Cloud Engineer will have extensive technical skills within the Azure technology ecosystem, and will be required to have expert level understanding of most or all of the following:
- Working with cloud databases and managed databases.
- Architecture and design of large-scale Azure hybrid cloud deployments.
- Azure Storage, File Management, and Resource Groups.
- Azure Security Solutions and Federated Azure Active Directory (AD).
- Azure Event Hub and Azure Data Factory.
- High availability data redundancy, data loss prevention, site recovery, and resilience.
- High throughput and scalable architectures; and capacity planning and load balancing strategies.
- Demonstrate deep understanding of Azure Security solutions.
- Performance monitoring Azure Application Insights.
- Strong general background in legacy infrastructures, networking, Windows Virtual Desktop, and security related infrastructure.
Other desired qualifications include:
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Relevant industry certifications including some combination of Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Expert, Microsoft Azure Administrator Associate, TOGAF, MCSE’s in Cloud and/or Infrastructure, and CCSP.
- 5+ years professional experience in a large enterprise or professional services (preferred) environment.
- Exceptional oral, written, and listening communication skills.
- Specific experience working with Public Service, Utility, and Telecommunication organizations of all sizes (strongly preferred)
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world’s largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!