New Job Class 3 Boom Truck Driver- Opportunities In Nova Scotia
|Class 3 Boom Truck Driver- Opportunities|
Class 3 Boom Truck Driver- Opportunities
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
CLASS 3 - BOOM TRUCK DRIVER
Are you looking to grow your career and knowledge in a fast paced, friendly, safety-oriented environment? Are you up for the challenge of elevating the customer experience through providing the best solution as a trusted partner for our customers?
We are currently hiring a full-time Truck driver with a class 3 air brake endorsement for our Kent store located at – 62 Colonel Joseph Scott Drive Lower Sackville.
As a Truck Driver, you will be part of the team that provides delivery services for our customers displaying the highest standards of safety and excellent customer service. You will be responsible for monitoring truck maintenance and keeping driver’s records requirements such as daily check list. This job can be physically demanding.
What will you do:
- Deliver materials to private homes and construction sites safely – Materials include Windows and doors, Cement, Shingles, and other building materials.
- Work in the lumber yard, warehouse and inside the store actively helping customers
- Load and unload product
- Prepare trucks for loading and assist warehouse staff as required
- Ensure proper vehicle maintenance and safety
- Maintain contact with dispatch and work to resolve any issues
- Verify load security and accuracy
- Report defects, violations, accidents, or injuries
- Maintain a professional behavior
- Follow all safety regulations, company policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned by manager
What you will bring:
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs
- Proven work experience as a delivery driver
- Valid Class 3 License
- Manual transmission is required
- Drivers Abstract Required
- Ability to work in all weather conditions, fast paced and dynamic workplace
- Ability to work up to 12 Hour shifts (varying start time)
- Self-Motivated, punctual, and reliable
- Must have Safety mindset
- High attention to detail
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Able to do physical work
What we offer:
- Full time benefits after probation period (3 Months) including health, drug, and dental coverage; disability insurance and RRSP
- A safe work environment
- All Local Travel
- Monday to Friday with the occasional Saturday (40 hrs. +)
- Great mentors and on-the-job training
- Wellness program
- Scholarship and Bursaries
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Employee discount
- Health and Dental Benefits
- RRSP contribution
- Continuous learning and Career advancement
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values.
We employ over 3700 people and work hard to increase our market share through strategic investment in training and technology. In addition to our retail stores, we operate truss manufacturing facilities and a wholesale drywall company. We are a member of the Independent Lumber Dealers Co-operative which ensures our great product selection and pricing.
Kent Building Supplies is an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees, candidates, and customers.
If you have disabilities that require special accommodation please email, [email protected]
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Worried you do not meet all the requirements? Studies have shown that many applicants apply only to job opportunities when they feel they meet 100% of the criteria. At Kent we promote an inclusive environment where everyone is appreciated, recognized, and empowered to contribute fully. If you are interested in this position but are worried you did not meet all the requirements, we would encourage you to still apply.
Apply Online today or drop your resume off in store!
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent