New Job Canada East Lead, North America Funding Program In New Brunswick
|Canada East Lead, North America Funding Program
Canada East Lead, North America Funding Program
Company : Stantec
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
Canada East Lead, North America Funding Program - ( 230001TE )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that makes a difference in communities across North America. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 22,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger.
An opportunity exists for a successful candidate to develop, grow, and manage Stantec’s Canadian funding and grant program as part of our overall corporate business plan. The Canada East Lead, North America Funding Program (NAFP) (please see description below), will be responsible for the success, growth, and implementation of our comprehensive grant and funding program in Eastern Canada, in collaboration with Stantec’s account management strategy and five business lines (Infrastructure, Water, Buildings, Energy and Resources, Environmental Services) This position works closely and collaboratively with the Canada West Lead for the Program (NAFP), as well as the US NAFP leads, and will be responsible for national-level initiatives and projects.
As an active partner in Stantec’s collaborative model, the successful candidate is organized, methodical, an outstanding communicator, and works in close collaboration with other federal and top client account managers and regional business leaders, as well as Stantec’s team of architects, engineers, environmental scientists, and project managers across Canada. The right candidate will not only engage with key stakeholders in fund management and oversight in Eastern Canada but can lead and complete grant and funding applications in collaboration with other funding and technical specialists. An ability to successfully navigate client relationships while delivering on overall funding strategy efforts nationwide is key. Through your grants and incentives work, you will help propel projects forward for communities across North America.
NAFP is a community of practice of more than 150 funding specialists who partner with our clients to research, strategize, apply for, and administer outside funding, predominantly government funding at the federal, provincial, and state levels. Together, we have secured more than $6 billion in grant and loans. Our extensive team has experience identifying, securing, and managing provincial, state, and federal funding programs and possesses an excellent track record supporting clients across North America.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Lead the Eastern Canada NAFP program management strategy and deliverables for the program internally within Stantec. Lead efforts to research, acquire and develop projects that meet funding opportunities.
- Work together with multiple business centers, regions, sectors, and business line leaders to develop client relationships through thoughtful and well-researched grant applications and business development activities in both the public and private sectors.
- Facilitate discussions with executive leadership on NAFP program status and organization evolution to support program growth.
- Help develop a strategic staffing plan focused on key hires needed to grow our presence in key areas. Provide guidance to funding specialists executing on deliverables within the program.
Policy and Funding Leadership
- Serve as a funding expert on multiple levels, including communication with team members to keep them informed on current opportunities and trends.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Canada federal government policy and budget systems and governmental timelines, to lead strategy efforts around grant and funding proposals in collaboration with technical support teams.
- Identify and evaluate provincial, federal, and private funding opportunities for their strategic, financial, and programmatic value to our clients (public and private).
- Represent Stantec in collaborative planning forums with organizations, as needed, to apply for funding. Facilitate and/or lead relationships with funding agencies.
- Perform key grant-writing and fund development duties as needed daily (identifying, collecting data, writing, directing).
- Lead growth of NAFP and net revenue through funding strategy and grant application support.
- Provide guidance and support to other account managers and business lines in identification and pursuit of opportunities.
- Drive strategic initiatives that further evolve the NAFP program and implement plans to address market gaps with leadership team and account managers.
- Assist with business development strategies and corresponding marketing collateral and selling material.
- Drive Stantec’s Safer Together as well as Inclusion & Diversity culture, prioritizing diversity and the health and safety of our employees.
- Demonstrate a commitment to our code of business conduct, ethics and inclusion and diversity policies.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Achievement-oriented and a self-starter with proven success in securing grants, people leadership, and business development.
- Have strong understanding of Canadian federal departments and branches, funding agencies, and funding programs.
- Exceptional leadership, communication (both written and verbal), and team-building skills.
- Understand the procurement and sales cycles of the Canadian federal government as well as navigating funding and spending trends.
- Given short funding timelines and new federal funding programs, ability to understand programs and criteria quickly – strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Experience in responding to Requests for Proposals, Expressions of Interest, and Statements of Qualification.
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat Pro and other business systems required. Experience with additional data analysis tools is a plus.
- Committed to Health, Safety, and the Environment.
- Embraces Inclusion and Diversity, integrating into strategy and culture.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Education and Experience
Minimum ten (10) years of experience working directly within or collaboratively with Canadian federal funding programs. Also have proven, pre-existing relationships within one or more federal agencies. Examples include but are not limited to, Infrastructure Canada, Parks Canada, Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) and Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC).
Must have experience writing and leading complex, multi-faceted grant applications, and possess an extensive understanding of current Canadian funding programs, with special attention paid to the Ontario, Quebec, Atlantic, and Northern Canada markets. Grant writing abilities must reflect an understanding of large multi-faceted projects, often utilizing numerous grant programs and funding sources.
Extensive leadership experience is required with the ability to manage large teams across multiple sectors.
This position will primarily work in an office setting, although some travel may be required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Ottawa
Other Locations : Canada-New Brunswick-Saint John, Canada-Ontario, Canada-Nova Scotia-Halifax, Canada-Quebec-Montréal, Canada-New Brunswick-Fredericton
Organization : BC-1685 Regional Services-CA Ontario
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Apr 19, 2023, 7:16:24 AM
Req ID: 230001TE
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans