New Job Business Systems Analyst In Ontario
|Business Systems Analyst|
Business Systems Analyst
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Requisition ID: 176452
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Global HR Compensation team plays a critical role within Global Human Resources Technology to deliver our Reward Programs for employees.
- Provide highly specialized technical leadership in the analysis, design, development, configuration and support of cost effective, online HR management and decision support systems.
- Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and understanding of applicable Compensation, Payroll and HR business systems, industry requirements and regulatory requirements (i.e. AML, OSFI, CSOX, PII, etc.).
- The incumbent is responsible for the resolution of complex business problems and must work under tight deadlines, conflicting priorities and changing project requirements. This includes managing multiple small projects, participating in and/or managing specific sections of large projects, and providing ongoing support to all assigned units worldwide (utilising Agile methodologies where applicable).
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex business problems. Includes analyzing business and user needs, documenting requirements, and translating them into systems requirement specifications.
Some of the Key Accountabilities include:
- Independently resolve complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs, by applying their HR and technological knowledge to the design of methodologies, models, and/or systems solutions. This may involve rapid prototyping, with requirements and solutions developed on an iterative basis that provides interim deliverables until a final production solution is created. This includes conducting research and analysis, accurately and clearly defining user requirements and processes, participating in the reengineering of the HR business process work flows and liaising with the users.
- Manage multiple small HR technology projects and/or manage specific sections of large projects to implement technology solutions to HR business problems. This involves planning and scheduling resources, developing detailed project plans, monitoring progress against planned objectives and securing consensus and co-operation from users and senior management. Ensure each project delivers quality products/functions in a timely manner which meets HR business requirements and provides an enhanced employee experience.
- Participate in the systems implementation process by interpreting business requirements into technical specifications, systems analysis, documenting detailed reporting requirements, configuration of HR vendor software, ensuring integration with existing related HR systems, developing test strategies and test cases, performing testing, defining user procedures and workflows, developing conversion and implementation strategies, verifying conversion, providing user documentation, providing user training, and providing post-implementation support.
- Participate in the review of Quality Assurance (QA) test strategies for assigned projects/initiatives to ensure the planned testing is comprehensive and consistent with the business requirements. Support QA testing by analyzing defects to: (i) provide clarification of business requirements; (ii) provide clarification of technical specifications; (iii) define which defects need to be resolved for implementation; and (iv) negotiate the severity classification of defects with the user.
- Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems including Compensation, Time & Attendance, and Payroll business strategies and policies, industry best practices and methodologies, regulatory requirements, internal bank processes, and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions and services to the end user business lines.
What You Will Bring to Succeed
- Strong business writing skills, including the ability to select the most appropriate method of communication and to clearly and concisely prepare a variety of business communications (Business Requirements Documents, Functional Specifications, and project implementation / strategy documents).
- Well developed verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate and articulate the underlying message effectively with different audiences, (Branch staff, senior management in Information Technology Solutions, internal business clients, and external vendors.)
- The incumbent must be a creative, self starting, results-oriented, and highly motivated individual with very good technical analytical skills in order to apply this knowledge to independently resolve complex business problems that are multi-dimensional.
- Working knowledge of project planning and project management, with the expectation of developing a thorough knowledge within the first 12 months on the post including Waterfall and Agile Methodologies; Working knowledge of process methodology / mapping (modelling and charting workflows).
- Further, the incumbent must demonstrate leadership skills with very good interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills in order to build consensus and obtain co-operation from the team, end-users and senior management. These skills, along with the incumbent's good time management and organizational skills, will allow the incumbent to effectively manage small projects, while planning and scheduling resources within those projects to optimize productivity.
- The incumbent must also possess a very good understanding of current Electronic Data Processing practices, systems development techniques, including requirements specification and testing methodologies, real-time analytical and formal modelling tools, HR systems/processes and keep current with rapidly changing technology.
- A recognized under-graduate degree in human resources, business, information technology or a related discipline, along with 4-6 years of practical experience is required.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member in cross-functional project teams.
- Ability to work independently under the general guidance of the Senior Manager, Compensation.
- Ability to identify and escalate issues to senior management or a project steering committee, as appropriate.
- Experience with SAP SuccessFactors Human Capital Management, Compensation and Variable Compensation Software is considered an asset.
- We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
- We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning.
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.